London SE1 community website

Southwark Council service charges

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2
Current: 2 of 2
Wednesday 15 April 2009 9.04am
Thanks jpm

I have requested to see what the total service charge figure was for our building, Eugene Cotter House.

I want to see where the money was spent.

I understand the lift and heating maintenance charges but there has been no work done on our building over the past year that I cna see.
Friday 9 July 2010 5.26am
JohnBoy49 wrote:
Thanks jpm
I have requested to see what the total service charge figure was for our building, Eugene Cotter House.

I want to see where the money was spent.

I understand the lift and heating maintenance charges but there has been no work done on our building over the past year that I cna see.
Tuesday 23 October 2012 11.47am
I have just received an under-collection notice from the council for 750 for 2011/2012 which I'm told must be paid in 30 days.

The estimate, which I paid, was 1,800

Are others receiving similar notices? I have asked where the difference lies between the estimate and actual.

Do we, as leaseholders, have any place of arbitration for these huge differences between estimated and actual service charges?
Sunday 28 October 2012 10.15am
I received an estimate for 2011/12 @ 1240, recently got the actual @ 934 which was a BIG surprise.

Ive had a major issue with the people at the Leasehold Management Team, Ive been paying via standing order since I moved in 2006, recently got a demand saying I owed over 600 for 2012/13, but I checked my account and money is still going out, the tone and approach of the LMT is overboard (5% surcharge and court action if payment not made in 7 days). Ive been trying to communicate with the LMT and have been via email, however responses are somewhat unhelpful and takes time.

Yesterday I got a letter from my bank, stating that Southwark Council have written to my mortgage provider and requested that the bank pay the outstanding service charge and add it to the mortgage. Im angry as there is a dispute in progress as I have paid it but they cant allocate the funds. I was told by LMT the reference number for payment of service charge changes every year... this could be the issue... and if it is, then i think they have a very silly.

Yet again, Im waiting on a email response, I prefer to have evidence of communication these days, as speaking to someone on the phone doesn't seem to work anymore, shame.

Also the previous year 2010/11, some guys dug out the whole drain outside and our service charge did go up from 800 to over 1200... I did ask for a breakdown of cost, they send me a print out, which i couldn't make heads or tails of....
Pages:  Previous1 2
Current: 2 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..
We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions