London SE1 community website

Parker Building

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Current: 12 of 22
Thursday 12 December 2013 2.27pm
Sky, Sky+ (which is just Sky + recorder), and Freesat use the same "F" connector wall socket. Providing there is a communal satellite dish you can connect a Sky, Sky+, Freesat box or a TV with built in Freesat tuner. You will need to take out a subscription with Sky if you opt for that service. I don't know if there are satellite wall sockets in the bedrooms. Someone else would need to confirm that.
so
Monday 16 December 2013 11.47am
MCR wrote:
so, where did it say about the 500?
We used Direction Law.

Hi MCR,
When I booked the flat, the sales assistance Ana told me. I have not manage to clain it yet. I will let you know as soon as I get the refund.
Monday 16 December 2013 11.54am
We managed to move in on Friday and over the weekend. Flat seems to be well finished and warm. Had a problem with the front door - impossible to lock. It was fixed quickly the next day. Have to change end bits on taps as they spray water everywhere. Does anyone else have this problem? Good luck to everyone else moving in.
Monday 16 December 2013 11.55am
I was informed last week that I have scratched windows and that they need to be replaced. Hopefully this will be done before core 3 is handed over to Hyde and I move in.

I hope this will be the only fault with the flats. After all the rain this weekend I noticed that there had been a few leaks around the Tesco store (stained soffits being the giveaway).
so
Monday 16 December 2013 11.56am
Hi,
Took completion on Friday, happy with the flat. As MCR said the bathroom is very well done. Finishing on the whole is quite good, a few defects in kitchen cabinets, the front door is rather difficult to close and open.
If I have one complain, it is the common corridor outside the lift, it looks cheap and very common indeed. It has the feel of the council estate corridor unfortunately. Inside the flat it is very nice indeed.
Does anyone know how do get internet access? Thanks.
Monday 16 December 2013 12.01pm
The jury is out for me on the communal areas. The floor tiling looks OK but I'm not a big fan of the glazed red brick walls - very utilitarian looking.
Monday 16 December 2013 12.29pm
So, when you refer to the common corridor outside the lift, are these separated from the main corridors which lead you to the properties? Are the internal corridors decorated differently from the lift corridors?

Does anyone know when Tesco is opening?

Thanks
Monday 16 December 2013 1.26pm
I read on Tesco's Twitter account that the new Bermondsey store was opening on the 9th January.

New Tesco in Bermondsey Opens 9th January
so
Monday 16 December 2013 5.41pm
ms89 wrote:
So, when you refer to the common corridor outside the lift, are these separated from the main corridors which lead you to the properties? Are the internal corridors decorated differently from the lift corridors?
Does anyone know when Tesco is opening?

Thanks

Both the common corridor just outside the lift (ground floor and the floor where your flat is). The internal corridor feels a bit better. The front door to the flat also looks council estate, flat face grey door. I am not sure what makes it look cheap, I think it is the floor tile.
so
Monday 16 December 2013 5.45pm
yellanne wrote:
We managed to move in on Friday and over the weekend. Flat seems to be well finished and warm. Had a problem with the front door - impossible to lock. It was fixed quickly the next day. Have to change end bits on taps as they spray water everywhere. Does anyone else have this problem? Good luck to everyone else moving in.

My front door also impossible to lock, will call them to come and have a look tomorrow.
I also have problem with the tap, it should spray at the center of the basin instead it spray towards the edge, hence when you wash, it will spray everywhere. What bit on the tap do you change?
Current: 12 of 22

To post a message, please log in or register..
We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions