London SE1 community website

Parker Building

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Current: 14 of 22
Tuesday 17 December 2013 3.40pm
AlexF, may I ask what core you are in? They have always pushed back on me being able to go to see my apartment in Core 3
Tuesday 17 December 2013 4.54pm
Same here ms89 - I can't see mine until after the 8th January. Mine's on the sixth floor of core 3. I don't understand why we can't get access to measure windows...
so
Wednesday 18 December 2013 9.13am
MCR wrote:
Thanks, so.
As far as the lobby goes, kind of been holding off deciding if it looks good in an urban style until i've been thru it a few times, have come to the conclusion it looks cheap and nasty, shame because the lifts and doorway is anything but.

So far so good for us other than a couple of small issues, just one thing and it might be because we're not used to it, the air vents in the wall of the living area let in quite a bit of noise from the road below and / or the connected fan, has anyone else noticed this?

Hi MCR,
You are right, the air vent in the wall of the living area let some hissing sound(like kettle starting to boil sound). As Yellanne mentioned there are two types of vent, a long thin one which is noise cancelling facing Jamaica Road. My bedroom has a long thin ones which is noticeable a lot quiter. Perhaps we can ask them to change the square ones in the living room to long thin ones. Please complain and I will also complain. Please let me know the outcome.
By the way, the main door is fixed yesterday. A lot eaiser to open and close now. In addition, I can lock my door from inside now.
I have been told there will not be any benches on teh second floor. You can sit on the edge of the plant box.
Wednesday 18 December 2013 9.34am
Haha plant box.

The tap squirts because of this water filter, there must be a better version out there!

What is the postcode of the Parker Building? I've been told different things?

I agree with Seb1 about the corridors, its looks ok and is very well made, the building will last 200 years with those bricks, much much better that lots of cheaply made new builds out there, with plaster board hiding its true colours.

Cheers
so
Wednesday 18 December 2013 9.58am
Hi,
Has anyone connected the internet? What is the best option for getting the internet? Your advice is greatly appreciated.
MCR
Wednesday 18 December 2013 11.07am
Hi so,
Have spoken to the ever helpful Eloise and explained the issue with the heating / noisy vents, she has passed on my contact details to the heating people so I'll speak to them directly and keep you posted.

We've signed up to BT internet / TV, they have TPB on their system and having it installed Jan 7th.

The postcode for core 2 is SE16 4EF.
Wednesday 18 December 2013 11.15am
Has anyone managed to get the postcode to work when ordering on line. So far I keep being informed that the postcode in incorrect. Bit difficult when trying to sort out contents insurance. On that point can anyone suggest a good company?
Wednesday 18 December 2013 11.23am
I ask the question, as the mail in my box says SE16 4ED for Core 2. I thought it was SE16 4EF ??? Didnt someone mention that Sky had our addresses in their systems?

Go on compare the market.com, for contents, I got a super cheap deal, avoid direct line.

I'm getting sky on Saturday and broadband in January. All with Sky.
Wednesday 18 December 2013 11.26am
For home contents insurance I would recommend John Lewis. I couldn't use their online quotation facility because the post code is so new but when I phoned them they were able to enter the post code manually and come up with a very reasonable quote. They are recommended by Which?

For Telephone/Broadband I will be going with TalkTalk. They have the new address listed and I was able to place a transfer service order which is free of charge. BTW TalkTalk's unlimited broadband service is only 2.50 per month + line rental. I've used TalkTalk for the last 2 years in Bermondsey without issue.
Wednesday 18 December 2013 3.24pm
ms89 wrote:
AlexF, may I ask what core you are in? They have always pushed back on me being able to go to see my apartment in Core 3

Hi ms89,
I am actually in Core 1. But I still could not get access to the property either to take measurements.
I think core 3 is the last that will be handed over to them. And apparently core 1 is not completely finished yet (seems there are still thing sthat are being fixed in my flat).
I keep you posted
Current: 14 of 22

To post a message, please log in or register..
We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions