London SE1 community website

Parker Building

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Current: 16 of 22
Thursday 2 January 2014 12.32pm
I went into Core 3 today for the first time. I still can't go into the flat until next Wednesday but I was able to walk through the corridors and right up to our door.

Generally, I think the finish is pretty impressive. I particularly like the floor tiles in the lift lobby areas and do not mind the design of being open to the elements somewhat. However, I did notice a fair bit of standing water as one of you had previously mentioned. This is apparently being monitored but I don't see what changes they could really make now short of regular maintenance.

seb1, the car park is huge and being used. The lift goes straight from there up to the floors. I don't think the bike stores are finished yet though, can anyone confirm? I was told that all scratched windows in Core 3 have now been replaced...
MCR
Friday 3 January 2014 12.12pm
The bike store is still not done and the lift won't go below the ground floor when operated from inside the lift, but will go down when called from the basement.
Friday 3 January 2014 12.22pm
That doesn't sound right. Maybe the lifts were configured this way while the car park was out of action. Worth reporting to Hyde perhaps? I took a look around the site yesterday. There was quite a lot of surface water around Freda Street (and litter). Some street lights are still missing and it looks like the builders haven't quite finished everything on site.
MCR
Friday 3 January 2014 12.49pm
I think the lift situation is just another incomplete item on their list, hopefully tightening of the landing door closers will be too, they do slam pretty hard on the back of the strong wind that having an open landing creates.

The lock looks like it's being replaced on the bin store.

Tesco have started putting food on the shelves, hopefully wont be long before they open.

Has anyone heard about to whom the commercial premises have been let? there is a restaurant "let" board up on the building next to TPB.
Friday 3 January 2014 4.36pm
You can access the Basement on any floor using your key fob - just lift up the white lift cover and you will find a key fob sensor below the numbers. Use your fob against the sensor and then the basement floor will be accessible.

The Restaurant will be interesting! Will it be a trendy Gordon Ramsay, Jamie Oliver, or 24 hour fast food all you can eat!
Friday 3 January 2014 6.24pm
In case anyone needs to know - there is a height restriction of 2 metres in the lifts.
Saturday 4 January 2014 9.12am
Good to be able to get down to the basement in the lift rather than walk round to the car park entrance...thanks.

We can't get the dishwasher to work. Does anyone else have this problem? Are we not doing something? The power is on, lights come on, the water is on but all we have is a flashing light at the right hand end and a buzzing noise when the door is shut. We do not have the instructions booklet.
so
Saturday 4 January 2014 9.20am
yellanne wrote:
Good to be able to get down to the basement in the lift rather than walk round to the car park entrance...thanks.
We can't get the dishwasher to work. Does anyone else have this problem? Are we not doing something? The power is on, lights come on, the water is on but all we have is a flashing light at the right hand end and a buzzing noise when the door is shut. We do not have the instructions booklet.

Hi Yellanne,
We have the same problem, someone came to turn on the water although we thought we turn it on as well. It could be another switch, check with them.
Monday 6 January 2014 9.51am
Guys,

What type of NIBE boiler do you have installed in your flat? Does it have a digital display on the actual boiler or is the display in the the living room area?

Cheers
so
Monday 6 January 2014 10.10am
TonyG wrote:
Guys,
What type of NIBE boiler do you have installed in your flat? Does it have a digital display on the actual boiler or is the display in the the living room area?

Cheers

Hi TonyG,
It has digital display on the actual boiler.
Current: 16 of 22

To post a message, please log in or register..
We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions