London SE1 community website

Parker Building

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Current: 17 of 22
so
Monday 6 January 2014 12.31pm
MCR wrote:
Thanks, so.
As far as the lobby goes, kind of been holding off deciding if it looks good in an urban style until i've been thru it a few times, have come to the conclusion it looks cheap and nasty, shame because the lifts and doorway is anything but.

So far so good for us other than a couple of small issues, just one thing and it might be because we're not used to it, the air vents in the wall of the living area let in quite a bit of noise from the road below and / or the connected fan, has anyone else noticed this?

Hi MCR,
Did Hydes do anything on the air vent in the living room? I email Eloise, she did not even reply me?
MCR
Monday 6 January 2014 12.45pm
Hi so,

I think it's her first day back if I recall correctly.
No one has contacted me back about it yet. Hyde called a couple of days ago to see if everything was ok, I told them it wasn't and the lady said she'll have them contact me but nothing.
I'm not going to let this go, those vents are draughty and noisy, pointless to have triple glazed windows then this, not good enough.
Monday 6 January 2014 12.48pm
Is anyone having water leak problems with balcony ceilings/soffits? At the weekend I noticed that many apartments with recessed balconies seem to be suffering from water ingress - indicated by dark water stains on balcony ceilings.
so
Monday 6 January 2014 1.27pm
MCR wrote:
Hi so,
I think it's her first day back if I recall correctly.
No one has contacted me back about it yet. Hyde called a couple of days ago to see if everything was ok, I told them it wasn't and the lady said she'll have them contact me but nothing.
I'm not going to let this go, those vents are draughty and noisy, pointless to have triple glazed windows then this, not good enough.

Hi MCR,
Abosutely. Please do let me know what happens? I will chase them as well. When the NIBE service person comes, I will check with him. Has anyone from NIBE been to you?
Another very irritaing thing is the tap, when you wash, water splashes to the floor. We tried to take the little filter out of the tap, no effect. I think it is an installation error, they put the washing bowl too out so the water does not flow into the center. Do you have the same problem?
Monday 6 January 2014 4.12pm
Our flat has bedrooms onto Jamaica Road. In the bedrooms there are long thin vents and the bedrooms are quiet.

I agree the tap in the kitchen is a complete pain and have said so but without response yet.
Monday 6 January 2014 5.10pm
Dose anyone know where their water meter is? I am trying to set my account up but need to provide reading and thames water records it says the meter is in property but hyde said it outside on Jamaica road.
Wednesday 8 January 2014 2.41pm
Is anyone going to the Tesco drinks this evening?
Wednesday 8 January 2014 2.54pm
Tell us more! Didn't know they were having drinks.
Wednesday 8 January 2014 3.22pm
I went to see the flat today and saw that the letterbox was almost full already.

I found a flyer from Tesco saying there's a welcome drinks/nibbles event between 6.30-8.30 this evening.

It seems as if the entire building and I would imagine the rest of the development have been invited as it references the "community" - I'm not sure how far that stretches...
Wednesday 8 January 2014 8.15pm
Thanks ms89. I popped in and met the store manager. Nice store. Got given a glass of champagne and nibbles. They were handing out goodie bags. Mine had a bottle of wine, hand baked crisps and chocs! :)
Current: 17 of 22

To post a message, please log in or register..
We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions