London SE1 community website

Parker Building

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Current: 18 of 22
so
Thursday 9 January 2014 1.51pm
Hi all,
Today I got a refund of 500.00 towards the solicitor fee. If you are usign one of the solicitor recommended by Hydes, you should get a refund of 500.00. You have to ask your solicitor because it does not appear in the completion statetment, at least mine did not.
Thursday 9 January 2014 11.22pm
I also find the vents extremely noisy, I will chase them up as well.
MCR
Monday 13 January 2014 2.35pm
so, Roscate, did you have any joy speaking to hyde about the air vents? the plumbers called and are coming later in the week to check the heating (the floor doesn't get very warm), when I spoke to him about the vent noise / draught he was pretty vague and said they'll look at it but i'm pretty sure sure they won't be changing the square ones with the long quieter ones, I think a call to Hyde will be neede.
Monday 13 January 2014 2.41pm
I had my viewing last week and hope to move in to core 3 this week. I was generally pleased with what I saw except for some issues with the balconies which the builders are now sorting. I noticed the en suite bathroom wasn't very warm and didn't see a thermostat. Is there underfloor heating in the en suite bathroom or is it just the heated towel rail?
Monday 13 January 2014 2.47pm
seb1 - what was your issue with the balcony?
Monday 13 January 2014 2.50pm
Rain water had leaked into the balcony ceiling and cupboard. The soffits were stained.
Monday 13 January 2014 10.22pm
MCR sadly no, weirdly one bed is quiet, one is noisy though they face the same side... So there is hope. Ah and both bedrooms have square vents. Will keep chasing..

MCR wrote:
so, Roscate, did you have any joy speaking to hyde about the air vents? the plumbers called and are coming later in the week to check the heating (the floor doesn't get very warm), when I spoke to him about the vent noise / draught he was pretty vague and said they'll look at it but i'm pretty sure sure they won't be changing the square ones with the long quieter ones, I think a call to Hyde will be neede.
MCR
Tuesday 21 January 2014 2.17pm
For anyone who is waiting, the bike room is finished. Not that Hyde would let us know.
Tuesday 21 January 2014 6.19pm
Is anyone else having problems with their fob key? We have two that work and one that doesn't. We have tried to get this sorted via Beverly but to no avail.

Thanks for the information about the bike store.
AMM
Thursday 23 January 2014 3.43pm
Hey! Has anyone had problems with their washing machine not filling with water?! If so, any ideas how to fix it? Thanks in advance.
Current: 18 of 22

To post a message, please log in or register..
We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions