London SE1 community website

Parker Building

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Current: 19 of 22
Thursday 23 January 2014 3.45pm
Mine didn't fill up until we turned on the cold water tap located behind the washing machine on the wall. Hope that helps.
Tuesday 28 January 2014 5.12pm
Our cold water valves were also closed. Took me a while to figure that out embarrassingly.

Has anyone had any luck changing the taps? We have been in for two weeks now but they're just awful; water splashes onto the floor when washing up and you can't fill up tight-necked bottles. Even if you take the water saving features off, the flow is awkward and possibly even harder to use without splashing the surroundings.
Tuesday 28 January 2014 6.27pm
Yes, the taps are a nightmare with or without the filter on. Does anyone know how best to clean the wood floors? Also. Make sure you test the wall mounted aerial sockets in the bedrooms. Ours have a weak to non-existent freeview signal :(
MCR
Wednesday 29 January 2014 11.38am
I've been away for a couple of days and noticed that the garbage store lock is broken (again) from last week and bags of rubbish are piling up outside, this is really getting on my nerves now.
Wednesday 29 January 2014 12.54pm
Is anyone having problems with their Nibe heating? I don't seem to be able to get the bedrooms very warm. The only floor that seems to heat up is the main bathroom. The en-suite shower room / floor is stone cold. We have most of the thermostats set to 22 degrees which should be toasty.
Wednesday 29 January 2014 4.25pm
seb1, our main bathroom is also noticeably warmer and we never feel heat coming from the floor in other areas. We haven't yet been contacted by the Nibe engineer so I suppose we will find out then.

Also, there have been considerable problems with the tv signal. I have had the electrician and tv guys in over the past 10 days. Apparently some idiot had caused the amp to blow through incorrect installation. The multiswitch in the core 3, floor 4 riser has been plastered over or something and so that is broken too. I think they have finally diagnosed the issue and I was told it would be fixed next Monday PM as they need to order the part. This affects the transmission of signal to floor 4 and above in core 3 and is why you're receiving poor signal.
Wednesday 29 January 2014 4.43pm
Thanks ms89 - that explains a lot. I'm on the 6th floor, core 3. Strangely I have a good signal via the living room TV socket but a terrible TV signal via the bedroom TV sockets. I get some channels but none of the BBC channels.

Hyde are taking a long time to work through all the snagging issues with my flat. I haven't had a working en-suite shower since I moved in two weeks ago(something about a faulty thermostat valve). I've already had them replace a leaking shower screen seal in the main bathroom; plumb in the dishwasher waste pipe which wasn't connected, fix the front door lock... I'm still missing a kitchen tap nozzle/filter and waiting for a damaged wardrobe door to be replaced. I have a flooded balcony cupboard - not that I can easily open the cupboard door as it sticks badly. The ceiling skylight in the sixth floor lift lobby also leaks when it rains and a nasty puddle forms just outside the lift doors. It's a nasty slip hazard which I keep reporting but as usual nothing gets done about it. It's poor form. Rant over!
Thursday 30 January 2014 9.58am
Has anyone complained about the kitchen sink faucet?

The faucet includes a water filter which has been enforced by the government to reduce water output and also to prevent the basin from overflowing in case the tap is left on. The speed is restricted by the filter.

However, the filter isnt the problem, it's a design flaw with the faucet. Everytime I do the washing up I'm basically forced to have a bath! The filter is not the issue, its the way the faucet has been designed and it shouldn't spray like it does. It doesnt meet it's purpose whatsoever and is completely unacceptable.

Does this issue apply to you? Does it spray when used?
Thursday 30 January 2014 10.13am
Yes - it splashes all over the wood floor. Ridiculous tap design.

I'm worried about the early signs of how the Parker Building will be managed by Hyde moving forward. This morning I have had to complain about the mounds of rubbish building up in and around the Parker Building bin stores. There were supposed to be extra refuse collections organised while people were moving in. I'm not sure this is happening.

Once things have settled we need to form a resident's association.
Thursday 30 January 2014 4.41pm
I can't understand why the recycling in core 3 hasn't been picked up once yet. It has been over 2 weeks now with many people moving in. I wonder if the service has been registered with the council?!

I have just complained about the taps. Apparently they are having a meeting next week about them to decide what, if anything, can be done. I wouldn't hold my breath. Dealing with the "after-care" team is like banging my head against a brick wall.

seb1, I agree we will need to have a residents' association. Possibly starting in the Spring once everyone has completed.
Current: 19 of 22

To post a message, please log in or register..
We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions