London SE1 community website

Parker Building

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Current: 20 of 22
Thursday 30 January 2014 5.20pm
The faucet needs to be replaced at Hydes cost, by a functioning tap. Soon every owner will be complaining.

Response from the aftercare team: In regards to your Kitchen tap I have been advised the tap and sink are as per design specification with the tap needing to be eased on for a smooth flow.

No, sorry, I want a functioning tap not a tap that needs to be eased on for a smooth flow...they are having a laugh.

Yes I agree seb1.

Also not happy with the NIBE boiler, I read that they were designed for Swedish homes, which are far more insulated that UK homes, but it is warm so can't complain considering the weather.

The guy showed me how it works, and it does work ok. "just dont touch it". Max temperature 22 minimum 15. Lets not pray for a heatwave. In terms of cost savings he said it wont be much cheaper than standard boilers. However a standard boiler is far preferred as it's not a huge 7 foot sleeping giant that takes up loads of space in a flat.

I dont know if NIBE is required for underfloor heating or if NIBE boilers are cheaper to buy in bulk compared to normal boilers. Some thought must have gone into it...it certainly didnt when it comes to my water park sink.
so
Friday 31 January 2014 3.20pm
Hi all,
Anyone has a good cleaner?
Monday 3 February 2014 1.09pm
Can anyone tell me what type of hobs we have in the kitchen?

Thanks!
Monday 3 February 2014 1.19pm
The (illegal?) parking outside Tesco on Freda Street is becoming dangerous. A mother and toddler nearly got hit by a reversing car yesterday. I thought the public square was supposed to be pedestrian only? Drivers are sounding their horns all day long trying to get in/out of the square. It's chaos.
Friday 7 February 2014 2.10pm
I had the handyman guys in this morning and was very impressed by their work and professionalism. Very easy to schedule in via Beverley and would encourage others to get them in. They put up a mirror and some pretty hefty walk shelves.
Friday 7 February 2014 9.00pm
So has anyone had any issues with the NIBE system? I can't get it to heat the flat above about 18C no matter what I do...
Monday 10 February 2014 11.12pm
Hello neighbours - I have a slightly odd question. Do you guys have shelves inside the wardrobe units or just a hanging space? I only have hanging space but saw at another flat that there were shelves included in the wardrobes... not sure if it depends on the specifications of the flat... thanks for your help!
Tuesday 11 February 2014 10.29am
ms89 - the maximum room temperature I get out of the Nibe on a good day is 21 degrees, and that's after the oven has been on, and the showers have been used - all of which apparently provides heat to the system. Even if I set the thermostats to anything above 22 degrees, the system never reaches that temperature.

chrisbu80 - our wardrobes both have a single shelf to which is fixed a clothes rail.

Our Electrolux fridge freezer has already packed up - the fridge isn't cooling properly. Trying to get hold of the right service center is a nightmare. It's integrated so it will be a nightmare if it needs to be removed/replaced.

I'm also having on-going problems with the television signal. It's poor in the living room and practically non-existent in the bedrooms. I contacted Willmott Dixon, but they say they know nothing about this and to contact Hyde Aftercare....
Tuesday 11 February 2014 11.54am
Have you had the NIBE man in to explain how the heating works?

Have a close look round the heater as we had a leak under it that was apparently the result of bad installation.
MCR
Tuesday 11 February 2014 12.07pm
Have a horrible feeling we haven't heard the last of these NIBE issues.

Eventually had a call back from the customer services yesterday about my reported problem of wind whistling through the front door, I was told if they come and find my door is fitted correctly I will be charged for the callout directly. Changed my perspective somewhat.
Current: 20 of 22

To post a message, please log in or register..
February at a glance
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions