London SE1 community website

Parker Building

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Current: 22 of 22
Wednesday 5 March 2014 8.29pm
As we're talking defects, I thought people might find my exchange useful:

ME TO HYDE:

Here are the defects. They have all been present since I completed in December.

1. KITCHEN: CUPBOARD DOOR When I moved into the flat, one of the cupboard doors in the kitchen was left uninstalled. The sales agent (Shahid) said that this was in case I wanted to install a dishwasher and that all I had to do was to let Hyde know and they would come round and fit the door. I have now decided that I do not want to install a dishwasher, so the cupboard door needs fitting.
2. KITCHEN: SIDEBOARD The sideboard running below the kitchen cupboards is not secured to anything, which means it periodically falls over. It needs fixing to something, like the bottom of the cupboards.
3. KITCHEN: TAP The tap faucet is faulty, which means that water is sprayed beyond the sink onto the surfaces, the floor etc. This needs replacing.
4. OUTSIDE: LIGHTS I have two outside lights. Neither of these have worked since I moved in.
5. BEDROOM: AIR INLETS Both of my bedrooms face onto a main road and most problematically, one of the bedrooms faces onto the Tesco loading bay. As part of the NIBE heating system, there are air inlets in both bedrooms. The issue is that these have no sound proofing, meaning they open straight onto the outside. As Tesco receive deliveries all through the night, the noise is very loud and disturbing. This is the most urgent defect and need soundproofing ASAP.
6. BATHROOM: TOILET SEAT The toilet seat has not been installed correctly, meaning it moves from side to side when in use.
7. BATHROOM: TAP There is a fault in the design of the sink and tap, meaning that when the tap is in use at a normal velocity, it hits the sink plug and sprays outside the sink.
8. BATHROOM: PAINT FINISH An area high up the wall, near the bath tiling has been poorly finished, appearing like brown blotches/stains.
9. OUTSIDE: BIN STORE There is a metal gate in which my refuse bin is supposed to be kept, but this gate came without any kind of fastening, meaning that in windy conditions it strikes against the metal railings running around my property. This needs securing in some way.

HYDE'S RESPONSE

I have queried the items you listed below with Willmott Dixon and can advise as follows:

Items 1, 2, 5 and 6 will not be accepted as defects.

Items 3 and 7 Willmott Dixon are currently looking at an resolve for the issue of spraying and will update us with progress in the coming weeks. I have included your details on the list.

Item 4 There are two trouble shooting possibilities to check before this will be accepted as a defect. Firstly there is a light switch within the property please confirm that you have switched these to the on position. Secondly please confirm that you have changed the bulbs. Should the engineer find that the problem is either of these two things you will be recharged for the visit.

Items 8 and 9 I have raised and issued works order 2567533/1 for these two items and Willmott Dixon will be in touch with you to arrange access.

Many thanks
Bernadette
Thursday 3 April 2014 1.50pm
why don't you register on the Bermondsey Spa Residents website setup and managed by Hyde. They can then respond to your issues?
http://bermondseyspa.ning.com
Thursday 3 April 2014 1.55pm
Why don't you post your issues on the neighbourhood website. That's run by Hyde so that they can pick up on these issues.
Wednesday 9 April 2014 10.08pm
bermondseyspa wrote:
Why don't you post your issues on the neighbourhood website. That's run by Hyde so that they can pick up on these issues.
Actually, this residents website is for residents & is run by a resident. Hyde staff are also members of the website, but the best way to lodge issues with Hyde is calling customer services on 0800 389 3576 or 020 8297 7500. If you get no joy, raise a complaint. Details can be found on Hyde's website. http://www.hyde-housing.co.uk/contactus/Complaint
Tuesday 29 April 2014 3.43pm
This is a long shot but does anyone know what sort of aerial cable you need to connect a TV to the building aerial? I bought a basic Logik one and the cable doesn't fit into the TV slot...
Current: 22 of 22

To post a message, please log in or register..
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions