London SE1 community website

Bermondsey Spa, The Exchange

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Current: 10 of 31
Friday 19 September 2014 3.58pm
Let's hope we get some good news today and hopefully more details and some real dates...
has anyone being around the site this week? How does it look like?
Friday 19 September 2014 4.21pm
Well I've just received it - to be honest it looks like another email that has no real update in it. However it does seem positive that there will be no more delays, assuming this last bit of snagging goes okay.

I did think we'd be able to start getting an idea of move in dates with handover being so soon, but that e-mail implies we won't even get onto that until AFTER handover, ie. October. I just hope their solicitors can work quickly, I really don't want to be looking at a November move in!!!
Saturday 20 September 2014 10.20am
To not have any kind of date at this stage is outrageous. I have handed in my notice twice rescinded it because of delays, and now I've had to beg for another week to the 5th of October, as there seems little prospect of being moved before. My landlord is sick to death of me, and I don't blame him. We could face weeks or months of waiting for the NH solicitor by the sounds of it as well. So 5th of October is actually sounding unlikely to me.
Saturday 20 September 2014 10.41am
Hi all,

Completely agree - classic Notting Hill - not prepared to put anything on paper that would remotely inconvenience them (like a date to aim for) despite the fact that not doing it massively inconveniences us! They just don't really give a ****.

However, I spoke to Iram Thurs (poor lady was audibly disappointed when I said who I was!). She was much more helpful and honest on the phone:

I exchanged early Feb, and my tenancy expires (after two extensions like you TDG1982) 12 Oct. She said 'hopefully you will be in by then'. I asked if it was one at a time with solicitors, and she said no, they would process in batches, but not all of us at once....

However, I don't think she has compiled the priority list yet, and when she does, I don't think she will publish it. So, yet again, some opaque process, where we are actively disempowered and just have to sit and wait for them.

Personally, I think 5 Oct is extremely unlikely for anyone. Solicitors tend not to rush...

They don't care how much hassle it is for us not being able to plan, and they don't care how much such short notice costs in terms of paying for two properties at the same time.... If you remember her reply to the group letter - something along the lines of "They had always advised us not to hand in rental notices until we had a firm date"....!

Anyway - I'm not deeply surprised anymore.

Also - I am going to the open house at 1pm today, if anyone else is in the area, and wants to pop along. Will see if it's NHHG or just the architects, and I will photo Block B for you all.....
Saturday 20 September 2014 4.23pm
Ah if I'd seen your post I might have bumped into you, James. I was at the site today just as a party of people were there, at around 1pm. Maybe you were among them?

It looks finished to me...protective fencing off and all locked up. Grass laid, could see through the ground floor window there was a kitchen fitted.
Monday 22 September 2014 3.55pm
Hi All,

What have you done in regards to the property Survey for the Mortgage companies? I have the bank asking when they can send the Surveyors round to value prior to releasing the funds but i cannot schedule this until NHHG have recieved handover.

Have any of you experienced the same issue or found a way around this?


Monday 22 September 2014 4.55pm
Hi Olie,
We've had the survey from the mortgage providers - they basically did it without a site visit based on the drawing plans which I think is the normal practice for new build.

It would be interesting to hear how other mortgage companies have done this though.
Monday 22 September 2014 5.32pm
Mine went and surveyed a building site in about March which was useless and laughable. Then more recently they sent me another survey which likewise didn't tell me much if anything I didn't know.
Tuesday 23 September 2014 9.15pm
What do people think of today's update?

I'm feeling like the 5th of October might be realistic now...the wording sounded promising. What do people reckon?
Wednesday 24 September 2014 9.23am
It feels like things might move along quite quickly now they have the keys but I don't want to tempt fate - hopefully the solicitors won't slow anything down.

It is great though that the home tours are finally being organised and makes things feel more real - this has been dragging on so long, I was wondering if it was ever going to happen!

I hope we get a date firmed up soon so we can organise everything and get things like Internet/TV sorted.
Current: 10 of 31

To post a message, please log in or register..
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions