London SE1 community website

Bermondsey Spa, The Exchange

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Current: 11 of 31
Thursday 25 September 2014 9.53am
Has anyone arranged their home tour for today?
Thursday 25 September 2014 10.27am
Hi All,

Does anyone know the length of the lease on the properties? Usually its around 999 years but looks like its 99 years on ours.
Thursday 25 September 2014 10.44am
Hello Everyone...finally some good news...so looking forward to move in...

The lease is 99 years...quite unusual I have been told but that's the way it is

Now let's see how quick the solicitors can move...

good luck everyone
Friday 26 September 2014 10.05am
Glad to hear things are moving along for you all.

Spa Gardens is a lovely park, and Spa Terminus is a nice place to hang out and get food and beer on a Saturday morning. We've only been living here a year but already it feels like home.
Friday 26 September 2014 1.41pm
Thanks Kevin... can't wait to be in the area!
Saturday 27 September 2014 9.47pm
Hi all,
We had the tour today & pleased to report everything seemed to be in good order. The development looks great and hopefully it won't take much longer now for the solicitors to arrange everything. Can't wait to move in and think it's worth the wait! Good luck everyone with the rest of the process.
Sunday 28 September 2014 6.05am
Morning all

Had my tour yesterday too and thought it all looked great!!
Recently read all of your guys' efforts on here to speed up the delays and it must've helped so thanks!

I've just got a question on the hob in the kitchen. Does anyone know if it's an induction hob? I was told it wouldn't work without a pan on it but forgot to ask whether it was just a normal
Ceramic hob or an induction, which needs special pans?

Thanks!
Sunday 28 September 2014 5.02pm
Don't think they're induction but I'm not sure. I bloody hope not as that's most my pans out!

Council tax bandings for block B?

I'm thinking band D for the one bedroom flats (just over 100 per month) except for the more expensive upper floors. Anyone know for certain? Our post code isn't yet registered so I can't check.
Sunday 28 September 2014 5.44pm
Definitely ceramic hob - checked in my original manual I was given at the start of the process.
Friday 3 October 2014 3.35pm
Hi all have you moved into bck B yet? If so how lng did it take after viewing your flat?

Cheers,

Olie
Current: 11 of 31

To post a message, please log in or register..
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions