London SE1 community website

Bermondsey Spa, The Exchange

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Current: 12 of 31
Friday 3 October 2014 4.49pm
I did not get any notice from Solicitors yet, I have been told my process should start next week...hopefully i can move it before the 18th
Friday 3 October 2014 5.51pm
We are just sorting things out with the solicitors - hoping to complete and get the keys on the 9th.

Once we heard from the solicitors, they said the bank would need at least 5 working days, but it seems to be moving very quickly now (finally!)

Good luck everyone - I am so excited about living there!!! Albeit with a lack of furniture for a while!
Wednesday 8 October 2014 1.11pm
Hi all,
How is everyone's situation progressing? We should be completing tomorrow... it's all happened very suddenly. A contrast to the previous 6 months!
Wednesday 8 October 2014 1.15pm
Got my notice to complete yesterday...so still no much happened. My solicitor said we should complete on the 15th, but i do not see that happening. I do not think the founds will be released by the lender in time
Thursday 9 October 2014 11.38am
This is an exciting thread. Reminds me of when I was waiting for everything to fall into place. Good luck all!

And if you want to rent a room to my mate, starting around the 18th Oct, let me know. Quiet, non-smoking aussie, working in Canary Wharf.

Cheers, kevin
Sunday 12 October 2014 2.32am
Hi everyone

Looks like we'll be completing next week - woohoo!. Is anyone moving on the Friday 17/10 or Saturday 18/10?

Also, as we've all been sharing our news (and frustrations) over the last couple of months, it would be great to put faces to names. I wondered if you'd all be interested in meeting for a coffee at some point? Perhaps a Saturday afternoon?

Let me know and I can organise something nearby.

Thanks
NiKD
Sunday 12 October 2014 10.55am
I should be able to exchange next week as well...hopefully moving in on the 18th...would love to meet my future neighbours...

All the best to everyone
Sunday 12 October 2014 7.17pm
Hi all,

So glad to hear it's finally all worked out for everyone. We moved in this weekend and are very pleased with the flat. On a side note to anyone who has already moved in - have you used the washing machine/dishwasher yet? Ours power up and look like they should work but once they start up they aren't filling up with water. Not sure if there's something we need to switch for the first use. Anyone else had this problem?

Look forward to hopefully meeting you all soon.
Sunday 12 October 2014 8.39pm
Hey, I moved in this weekend too, love it so far!
I just checked and there's a blue lever which needs turning under the sink to open the water pipe for the washing machine and another blue lever in the cupboard next to the washing machine which operates that (this is the case in my flat anyway).

I'd definitely up for meeting everyone.
Sunday 12 October 2014 11.50pm
Meet for a pint and snack in The Grange pub maybe ?
Current: 12 of 31

To post a message, please log in or register..
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions