London SE1 community website

Bermondsey Spa, The Exchange

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Current: 15 of 31
Sunday 26 October 2014 9.16pm
Hi guys, I moved in on the 9th. Couldn't come to Del Aziz as had furniture arriving for delivery after 2 weeks of austerity.

Would love to meet people..
Sunday 26 October 2014 9.21pm
Hi guys,

Has anyone put up blinds yet? Mine have arrived, and have a steel bracket at each end. However, the recess around the door/window sounds hollow and I'm a little concerned about overloading the plasterboard if there's no wood/metal behind it to screw into....

Any experiences to share?

Ta
Monday 27 October 2014 9.32am
No not tried that yet James. I'm doing curtains, and sooner rather than later I think as as this dodging and ducking around when I get out the shower is doing my nut in! Ha.

Two things:

Is anyone else on EE? I'm on an above ground level floor and I can't get signal very often, especially for internet. I've asked EE for a booster but they've been out of stock for 2 weeks with no guarantee of when more will will come. I know the network Three has the same problems here. Has anyone else had this problem?

I've also noticed my wooden flooring isn't very well put down in places. Sometimes it moves when I step on it.
Monday 27 October 2014 10.04am
I'm with EE and having issues with mobile signal too. 3G/4G is fine, just when I'm speaking on the phone, people are constantly asking 'are you there?' 'I can't hear you' ?!?

We're on the 4th floor. Not really sure what EE can to about it though to be honest

Great to meet some of you on Saturday!
Monday 27 October 2014 12.59pm
can i come later in the year when I move in ? :)
Monday 27 October 2014 2.25pm
Of course - we thought we could do Christmas drinks. Hopefully everyone will be in by early/mid December?!
Friday 31 October 2014 5.22pm
JamesHunt wrote:
Hi guys,
Has anyone put up blinds yet? Mine have arrived, and have a steel bracket at each end. However, the recess around the door/window sounds hollow and I'm a little concerned about overloading the plasterboard if there's no wood/metal behind it to screw into....

Any experiences to share?

Ta

Hi James, i've also got blinds to put up now.. did you manage to fix yours without any probs?
thanks
Saturday 8 November 2014 8.16am
Has anyone else got no water?!
Saturday 8 November 2014 8.31am
No water for me either, and no heating!!!
Saturday 8 November 2014 8.35am
No water in block A either!
Current: 15 of 31

To post a message, please log in or register..
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions