London SE1 community website

Bermondsey Spa, The Exchange

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Current: 16 of 31
Saturday 8 November 2014 9.35am
Same here! Saw someone working down a manhole between blocks A and B so hopefully it'll get sorted soon

Just been out to stock up on bottled water- the guy in the shop said he's had a lot of people doing the same thing this morning!
Saturday 8 November 2014 10.48am
All the emergency numbers on the residents manual are wrong....I called Thames water they say it is a problem with the building. Trying to call the building manager but the number I have is wrong so it is notting hill emergency number. Has anyone got the right numbers or any info at all?
Saturday 8 November 2014 11.10am
0843 5070 180

I just called and reported it.
Saturday 8 November 2014 11.38am
Thank you...i have been told they will send someone in the afternoon :(
Saturday 8 November 2014 1.01pm
I have called Hallmark several times today, the last time being around 12.15 when they couldn't give me an update as they were only getting through to the engineer's voicemail. Not very encouraging! It's been 5 hours now, this is pretty unacceptable to have no running water at all. Have guests coming tonight so I hope it's fixed by then!
Sunday 9 November 2014 11.07am
Hmmmm. Must have missed that as I stayed elsewhere last night. Take it it's sorted now.

I can't get my heating to work having been through the manual over and over. Re-pressurising just doesn't work and there seems to be a fault. Good job the flat keeps its heat well! I called the property manager and she says she'll get it fixed.

Anyone else had problems?

Also, I noticed the council have recently banded the Ockham Building for CT but not Whitmore. Bit strange really given that Ockham is still largely empty. Suspect that was a mistake.

Other than that, I'm having a good time here. Still feels a bit surreal.

Shall we organise a Christmas meet up? Just a coffee nearby would be good.
Sunday 9 November 2014 5.29pm
I can't get my heat to work either. Sounds like a common problem....
Sunday 9 November 2014 8.38pm
Tbh it's so toasty in here, I'm not even sure if my heating is working or not! How do I even know it's working?!? (Yes, feel pretty dumb even asking!)
Sunday 9 November 2014 9.55pm
I dont think my heating works either. That's the test i have done: room 1 thermostat at max, room 2 thermostat off. A thermometer in each room. Turned on heating and waited 2 ours. Rooms had same temperature. Conclusion: either thermostats or heating do not work, whcich means something doesn't seem to Be right.
Monday 10 November 2014 12.16pm
We're having problems with our heating too. Doesn't help that the thermostat we have is different to the one in the manual we were given!

Also think the water pressure is quite bad in our showers - I emailed Notting Hill about it and they said there are restrictors in the showers to make it meet a sustainable homes level. However it can be removed from inside the shower head. I have tried to do this but no luck. Has anyone else?
Current: 16 of 31

To post a message, please log in or register..
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions