London SE1 community website

Bermondsey Spa, The Exchange

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Current: 17 of 31
Tuesday 11 November 2014 1.53pm
Hi All,

Has anyone managed to resolve the EE signal issue by getting a booster box as of yet? im trying to order one but was curious to see if anyone else had already done so and if it had been successful.

Also for those who have had Sky installed, was it a communial dish for each block or did you have to have an individual dish?

Cheers,

Olie
Tuesday 11 November 2014 2.49pm
Hi everyone, I moved into Whitmore Building 3 weeks ago. Wish I'd found this forum before!
I was just wondering if anyone had managed to get an on-street parking permit? I know they said the Council wouldn't issue any to our building, but thought it was worth a shot. Have tried to do it online but it wont let me, just wondered if anyone else had any joy?
Thanks
Sarah
Tuesday 11 November 2014 9.34pm
A few responses to people:

- Yeah I had the same issue with thinking the heating was working because of the warm weather. It was only when it got a bit nippier that I realised it wasn't. I went through my manual, downloaded the correct instructions (I was provided the wrong instruction manual) and even used Youtube for guidance, but nothing worked. The problem with mine is the pressure is below 1.5, so it wasn't going to work, but re-pressurising should be easy. It doesn't work no matter what I do. My partner has also tried, and he's good at these things, and it's definitely not working. It's interesting to hear this seems to be a bigger problem than I thought it was. Surely we can't all be stupid? I wonder whether this'll be a big job for them, and we'll be waiting a long time without heating.

- Regards the EE booster, I was told to wait until mid-November to request one. I was eligible for a free booster, but they said they were changing suppliers and didn't have any more until mid-November. I did get the feeling they knew more than they were telling me though, and that come mid-November there might be other issues. I just said that if, after 5 weeks in a place without signal in the middle of London, they can't provide me with a booster, next time I'll be discussing my contract with them!
Tuesday 11 November 2014 9.42pm
Oh, and Lena, about the shower power. Yeah that's something I noticed too, and I thought it was something to do with being eco friendly, so that confirms it.

It's not ideal, is it? You either have to stand above the plug hole and lean forward, or hold the shower to you and only have one arm to shampoo and scrub.

To be honest I was waiting to see my water bill before I said anything, as I've never been on a meter before so if the cost is high as it is then I might just make do!

I actually find that the flow is not very powerful in the taps too. A washing up bowl takes a long time to fill up!
Thursday 13 November 2014 9.06pm
Anyone got a problem with no hot water? HIU pressure is fine, but cold shower!
Friday 14 November 2014 7.11am
Yes- nice cold shower here this morning, brrrr!

Hope it's sorted before the weekend!
Sunday 16 November 2014 4.23pm
Hi all,

Sounds like a good time to have been on hols, with the water problems and all... did amuse me to follow this from afar.

Lena - would love to know about the shower adjustment trick - will PM you.

Mel - no - not put up blinds yet. Have been meaning to ask builders whether the recesses are hollow or not. Have you just screwed straight in? What sort of rawlpug? Could I trouble you for a photo/visit please?

Far be it from me to use this as a forum to grumble about NHHG, but they haven't nailed the fit out, especially given how many months they had for snagging;
My HIU leaked
My ventilator still has an error light and is very noisy
The heating problems everyone's mentioned.....

Still - very nice to be in
Monday 17 November 2014 5.22pm
Hi James, I got a handy man in to do it and he screwed it straight in, no raw plug. The blind is very heavy and wide, and it seems to be fine.

Ventilator Nuaire - i reported this as broken, as the light was flashing on fault, apparently that's correct. It needed switching on/off to reset it and it works now. Still flashes fault though.

Great to be in !
Friday 21 November 2014 9.34am
My ventilator is very noisy too. Woke up last night and couldn't get back to sleep because of it.

I got an email yesterday saying a contractor will be visiting to look at a number of people's heating next week. Did anyone else get this? Mine still isn't working. Glad to say my flat is moderately warm most of the time though.
Friday 21 November 2014 4.56pm
Yes - there's someone coming to look at our heating on Monday. It's not cold yet - but will be good to get it sorted before the proper wintery weather arrives!
Current: 17 of 31

To post a message, please log in or register..
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions