London SE1 community website

Bermondsey Spa, The Exchange

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Current: 19 of 31
Tuesday 2 December 2014 10.55am
In Ockham Building...
Tuesday 2 December 2014 7.30pm
A few replies:

- No, haven't noticed an unpleasant smell that can't be explained. In my case my dishwasher has stopped working - suspect it's blocked and it stinks when I open it up to investigate.

- My heating still isn't fixed at all. I'm so fortunate to have a warm flat, but the temperature still needs a boost occasionally. I went to give my key to the concierge this morning, so that the worker from United House could be let in for a second time, but the concierge had randomly decided to arrive at 10am today. I honestly have no luck with them. Their opening times are no help, and then when they don't even stick to the ones they've put up, like I'm supposed to not go to work and wait around for them all day.

- Good news about EE coverage. I got a signal booster sent to me for free and now, finally, I have full signal indoors. If anyone else struggles with coverage, tell EE your neighbour (me) got a free signal box and it works fine. No more phone calls on the balcony in the cold.
Sunday 7 December 2014 1.54pm
mel_F wrote:
Hi James, I got a handy man in to do it and he screwed it straight in, no raw plug. The blind is very heavy and wide, and it seems to be fine.
Ventilator Nuaire - i reported this as broken, as the light was flashing on fault, apparently that's correct. It needed switching on/off to reset it and it works now. Still flashes fault though.

Great to be in !

Hi Mel, was reading back about you getting a handy man in for your blinds - I've got similar blinds that are wide and heavy so I'm thinking of doing the same just to be on the safe side! Have you got a number I can have please?

Also you mentioned about your ventilator needing switching on/off to reset - what was wrong with it before? I'm not sure if I might have a similar issue!

Thanks!
Sunday 7 December 2014 1.58pm
Also - I still have an unpleasant smell in my en-suite, like some have mentioned above and my underfloor heating still isn't working either... Still haven't had any feedback from NHH - has anyone got any more information on what's going on?
Wednesday 10 December 2014 12.30am
Hey Oliver McC

I too have had an odd smell in the ensuite. It comes and goes at the moment. But as my ventilator has stopped working, I thought it might be that. Trying to organise for someone to look at it. Is your ventilator working?

Nik
Sunday 14 December 2014 8.15pm
JamesHunt wrote:
Hi TDG1982
Mine was apparently part fixed.

I now have flow through some of my underfloor zones but not others. I didn't get any feedback either but emailed NHHG who sent over the United House site manager.

He seems to know his stuff (told me it was part working), had a fiddle but couldn't fix it, so there is someone else coming soon. I think my thermostats have been wired up incorrectly - they all click at a point where it seems they 'think' it is sub 10 degrees...

A lot of the problem lies in the fact that the different parts of the system (pipes, billing, thermostats) were installed by different sub-contractors, so one engineer can't guarantee the repair of the whole thing.

Hi James,

That was a really interesting message...I think it tallies up with my own experience.

Is yours sorted now?

Sometimes I think my heating is on, other times it clearly isn't. It's really hard to work out what's going on.

I've noticed that one area of my floor gets warm, but not much of it - it's like a little warm patch I can stand on when my feet are cold! Ha.

Sounds like I have the same problem as you.
Sunday 14 December 2014 8.17pm
James - That was a really interesting message a few weeks back...I think it tallies up with my own experience.

Is yours sorted now?

Sometimes I think my heating is on, other times it clearly isn't. It's really hard to work out what's going on.

I've noticed that one area of my floor gets warm, but not much of it - it's like a little warm patch I can stand on when my feet are cold! Ha.

Sounds like I have the same problem as you.
Sunday 14 December 2014 10.51pm
NikD wrote:
Hey Oliver McC
I too have had an odd smell in the ensuite. It comes and goes at the moment. But as my ventilator has stopped working, I thought it might be that. Trying to organise for someone to look at it. Is your ventilator working?

Nik

Hi Nik,

The United House site manager came up to my flat on Thursday and agreed that my ventilator should have been clearing up the smell in my ensuite, but he didn't go as far to say my ventilator wasn't working. He also called up the plumber to check out the smell but unfortunately he didn't have his tools on him to investigate any further. They want to take a part of my shower away for a few days to see if that clears up the smell, so they're coming back soon hopefully... not sure where that leaves me!

Have you had any luck?

The United House manager also came up to take a look at my underfloor heating, but he seemed to think that it was working and it turned into more of a demonstration on how it works than testing if it works. In all fairness since he changed the settings it has been warmer in here, but like some comments above it seems to be a bit inconsistent still.
Monday 15 December 2014 9.59pm
I had the same demonstration today!

I'm sitting in my flat, having done exactly as advised, and I'm less than warm.

Have come to the conclusion that the heating isn't that good and we'd better get used to it...
Wednesday 17 December 2014 9.47am
Hi all,

Is anyone having an issue with their hot water tempreture when running a bath? We get boiling water for about 10 seconds then it just runs tepid where as if we switch it to the shower it comes out much hotter.
Current: 19 of 31

To post a message, please log in or register..
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions