I'm looking forward to moving into block B too (when it finally happens)! Victor, I'm just going to drop a line to our mortgage broker to check that the same offer stands. However I probably won't do that until we get the next update on the likely finish date, which I was told is in early June.
I'm moving into Block B too, can't wait! My mortgage offer expires in June so I told Woolwich and they've issued a new offer which goes up to November, so hopefully will be finished by then! Woolwich just needed to see my most recent payslip so it was quite straight forward.
I agree the 10 day 'warning' time is short! Has anyone had any luck organising a site visit before then?
Also, does anyone know if the gym is available to Block B? Or just private sale?
Glad to hear it was straight forward to extend your mortgage offer - ours is ok til end of August but we are hoping we'll be moved in by then already *fingers crossed*.
As far as I know I don't think we really have access to the gym, as I know it's not included in our service charge. But whether we will be able to take advantage of some kind of membership who knows maybe they can offer us something - would be so convenient!
No luck on the 10 days advance warning/site tour from us.
@Lena, you are right, the gym is only for private buyers. However that format is not sustainable as a business. They'll have approx 20 household in the front block and even if each household has 2 people each, that doesn't mean they'll all go.And even then, it won't be enough to keep the gym going. Altogether I think there'll be 55 flats. I think they'll need to extend it to people in other blocks, hopefully at a better rate :-)
We are going to try and get a flat visit over the next couple of weeks. I know that they've said 10 days before we actually move in, but I personally think that's unacceptable. I 'd like to go in and just take a few measurements. There's only so much a floor plan can tell you. Will let you know how I get on.
Hello...absolutely frustrated...I do understand that slippage can happen but buyers need to be informed of those possible delays. A 2 months delay which came up 15 days before handover requires much more information than what was provided. We are already 6 months late...
Like Victor75 it's not just the delay, it's the complete disregard NHHG have for our convenience, living arrangements, mortgage costs etc.
I live pretty close, and the external balconies aren't cladded, so until that happens, I won't believe anything formal from them. I can update people on here on balcony cladding, if that would be useful?
(Without wanting to scaremonger), anyone else wondering if they are holding out for the longstop date (so they can re-sell at a higher value)? By October, it's going to be pretty close.....