London SE1 community website

Bermondsey Spa, The Exchange

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ...LastNext
Current: 2 of 31
Friday 9 May 2014 1.02pm
Has any of you the need to request an extension of the mortgage offer? I'm not sure how to do that, I would appreciate your opinion/help
Sunday 11 May 2014 8.40pm
Hello,
I'm looking forward to moving into block B too (when it finally happens)! Victor, I'm just going to drop a line to our mortgage broker to check that the same offer stands. However I probably won't do that until we get the next update on the likely finish date, which I was told is in early June.
Sunday 1 June 2014 10.47am
Hi All!
I'm moving into Block B too, can't wait! My mortgage offer expires in June so I told Woolwich and they've issued a new offer which goes up to November, so hopefully will be finished by then! Woolwich just needed to see my most recent payslip so it was quite straight forward.
I agree the 10 day 'warning' time is short! Has anyone had any luck organising a site visit before then?
Also, does anyone know if the gym is available to Block B? Or just private sale?
Tuesday 3 June 2014 8.25pm
Hello!
Glad to hear it was straight forward to extend your mortgage offer - ours is ok til end of August but we are hoping we'll be moved in by then already *fingers crossed*.
As far as I know I don't think we really have access to the gym, as I know it's not included in our service charge. But whether we will be able to take advantage of some kind of membership who knows maybe they can offer us something - would be so convenient!
No luck on the 10 days advance warning/site tour from us.
Wednesday 4 June 2014 2.03pm
I have a question for you guys about stamp duty.

Are you paying stamp duty on the whole value of the property or you have counted for the value of white goods?
Saturday 5 July 2014 11.53am
Hi Everyone

We'll also be moving in (hopefully) in August.

@Lena, you are right, the gym is only for private buyers. However that format is not sustainable as a business. They'll have approx 20 household in the front block and even if each household has 2 people each, that doesn't mean they'll all go.And even then, it won't be enough to keep the gym going. Altogether I think there'll be 55 flats. I think they'll need to extend it to people in other blocks, hopefully at a better rate :-)

We are going to try and get a flat visit over the next couple of weeks. I know that they've said 10 days before we actually move in, but I personally think that's unacceptable. I 'd like to go in and just take a few measurements. There's only so much a floor plan can tell you. Will let you know how I get on.
Sunday 6 July 2014 5.45pm
Thanks Nik, yes please keep us posted if you manage to get an early viewing!
Friday 1 August 2014 5.32pm
Hello

We're now also having to extend our mortgage offer, after getting the email from Notting Hill today saying the handover for block B has slipped till the end of September.

Is anyone else getting frustrated with the endless delays!!!???
Friday 1 August 2014 10.46pm
Hello...absolutely frustrated...I do understand that slippage can happen but buyers need to be informed of those possible delays. A 2 months delay which came up 15 days before handover requires much more information than what was provided. We are already 6 months late...
Saturday 2 August 2014 8.33am
V frustrated here too....

Like Victor75 it's not just the delay, it's the complete disregard NHHG have for our convenience, living arrangements, mortgage costs etc.

I live pretty close, and the external balconies aren't cladded, so until that happens, I won't believe anything formal from them. I can update people on here on balcony cladding, if that would be useful?

(Without wanting to scaremonger), anyone else wondering if they are holding out for the longstop date (so they can re-sell at a higher value)? By October, it's going to be pretty close.....
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ...LastNext
Current: 2 of 31

To post a message, please log in or register..
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions