London SE1 community website

Bermondsey Spa, The Exchange

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Current: 23 of 31
Wednesday 28 January 2015 3.22pm
lena21 wrote:
Don't see how adding it to our service charges would mean several hundred pounds each...!

As an example, Circle Gym peak membership is 62.50 a month, or 750 a year. That sounds like a lot to add to a service charge...

I've walked by it before at various times - always empty. I wonder would they offer the SO residents a discounted rate if they realise use of it is quite low.
Saturday 31 January 2015 1.25pm
Seem to have made a discovery.

Good news is my heating is clearly on. Bad news is that I have to turn the thermostats up in all rooms to get it to do so. That's definitely been the difference. I usually only switch it on in the living room to save energy, but it just doesn't come on if the outside rooms are colder. Even with the doors closed..
Wednesday 4 February 2015 11.01am
Hi All

Can I ask, have any of you heard of the Home Assistant Service? I've just discovered it when i reported a couple of minor things.

Anyone used it yet?

NiKD
Friday 6 February 2015 12.40pm
Hi Nik,

I haven't heard of that. Is that for reporting things for the handyman? (who we still haven't had a visit from).

I suppose everyone had the same stressful morning with no running water. For this to happen again is a joke! Also it happening in the week that we received our hefty service charge bill... I do feel we should be compensated for this as it's obviously a massive inconvenience and screwed up my work day today.

On a separate issue, we've also had no Internet or phone line since Tuesday evening. The Talk Talk engineer we had visit us yesterday said it was an issue with BT and their lines being down in the area. Is anyone else affected by this?
Friday 6 February 2015 8.33pm
Hi Lena et al

So the Home Asst Service is a day when someone can come round and do little fixes. For example, we've had their workmen in and out of the flat over the last month or so to look at various things. They have scratched our wall in the hallway. There's also a crack on a wall in the living room. Etc etc. So you can arrange for someone to come round for one day and do these little bits. BUT you can only use this service once in the first year. So I'd say hang on until at least 7 months then make a list and get him/them round.

As for the water, yep. It is a joke and i agree that they should compensate somehow. I went to work without a shower (thank God for the work shower). But tonight I've come home and the water starts fine but a couple of seconds later it goes down so much, the water trickles down. Some taps even stop completely. Anyone else having the same issue? Test every tap in your house.

We can't get through to them and their weekend number still goes to a holiday booking service.
Friday 6 February 2015 9.24pm
@Lena -what is your flat number? PM me.

I've been in touch with their emergency people and they told me to check a couple of flats.
Sunday 8 February 2015 11.41am
Guys- the gym is always empty because most of private haven't moved in yet.
Sunday 8 February 2015 11.44am
In fact I don't think any have as the private blocks aren't even internally completed yet.
Oh well :( Circle spa and gym it is! or the nearby climbing wall! :)
Friday 13 February 2015 12.29pm
Mmm how can they justify the cost of the running a gym business when there are no/not enough members?

#CommercialFail
Friday 13 February 2015 2.57pm
I guess residents still pay for the gym in the service charge...
Current: 23 of 31

To post a message, please log in or register..
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions