London SE1 community website

Bermondsey Spa, The Exchange

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Current: 25 of 31
Monday 23 March 2015 3.11pm
I asked the concierge

As for now the Exchange development is safe but this might change anytime. Police and Army are around and investigating.
Tuesday 24 March 2015 5.35pm
Hi all,
I tried to get home at half 4 this afternoon and it's still cordoned off. Wasn't allowed to pop in at all. The police didn't seem to have any info on the progress. Just letting you know in case you're on your way back home now!
Tuesday 24 March 2015 6.36pm
Update - am back in the flat. The Exchange is available to access once again!
Wednesday 25 March 2015 12.19am
Hope everyone got back in ok last night.

Random question: How does one clean the outside of one's windows? I'm on the 5th floor.

Any ideas?
Wednesday 25 March 2015 9.58am
I assume that our service charge would cover external window cleaning, for windows that you can't clean yourself.

Most of ours can be washed from the balcony - but the ones that can't are pretty mucky!
Wednesday 25 March 2015 5.04pm
Hi Lisa, i am going to write Kara an email to ask about window cleaning. Mine are pretty grubby and impossible to clean myself
Wednesday 25 March 2015 8.37pm
I'm not sure if the SC covers the cleaning of windows but let's see what Kara says. Let us know Mel.

Thx
Sunday 29 March 2015 3.20pm
Has anyone on this thread had any run-ins with the new parking management company yet? We're going round the houses with them regarding a couple of charges they've tried to levy on us and was wondering if anyone's going through something similar.
Tuesday 31 March 2015 10.07pm
Ooh let us know Mel F.

Hate to jump on the band wagon but I'd also like to know what's going on with the communal garden. I know it's not quite bloom time yet but a lot of the plants look dead to me, and when's that netting being taken off the grass? Or is it? Someone said they thought it stays on...

BTW...

A few of us should meet up for a coffee like we planned to when we moved in. It's been a long time interacting on here without putting faces to internet profiles! :) Be nice to know a few of my neighbours.
Thursday 2 April 2015 8.22am
Do you have a private facebook group for The Exchange?

It really does help to get people together and organised within your block, and (for all its ills) is a nice avenue of introduction to your neighbours. "Oh yeah I saw your post on the group about that" etc.

We have one for our block (on the other side of Alscot Road) and it is very useful.
Current: 25 of 31

To post a message, please log in or register..
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions