London SE1 community website

Bermondsey Spa, The Exchange

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Current: 27 of 31
Thursday 30 April 2015 9.38am
The carpet in the building is being replaced today. Any idea about why and who is going to pay for it?
Thursday 30 April 2015 10.22am
Where Victor? Upstairs as well?

Presume we will pay, through our service charge.....
Thursday 30 April 2015 10.31am
They have started from the ground floor, but I have been told all the carpet will be replaced.
Thursday 30 April 2015 11.10am
The carpet is being replaced as the choice for the ground floor communal area did not prove to be suitable as the staining cannot be lifted. Any costs associated with these carpet replacements are with the NHH development team and will have no affect to your service charge
Thursday 30 April 2015 11.11am
Great news! Thanks for finding out
Friday 1 May 2015 10.58am
Though according to the letter we had, the ground floor carpet (the one with the huge stain!) is one of the floors not having the carpet replaced. Confusing..
Friday 1 May 2015 11.28am
I think the criteria behind is that the stain on the carpet was done by someone of the leaseholders whether the damages on the rest of the property were done by the contractors who worked to fix the defects.

I really think the carpet on the ground floor needs to be removed for good. People need to carry the bikes in the bike storage, that carpet will just get worse and worse.
Friday 1 May 2015 2.21pm
Lena21 is right. The letter that came doesn't state they'll replace the ground floor area. I'm going to email the Property Manager, who sent the letter, and query it this afternoon. Will update you as soon as I hear back.

Although I do wish they would replace the ground floor carpet with one that is more hard wearing, or nonslip tiles. It gets mucky very quickly due to a higher level of footfall and some have wheeled their muddy bikes on it to get to the indoor bike shed.
Tuesday 12 May 2015 8.23pm
Hi All

I'm not sure if you saw Anna's note about the grass in the courtyard. Hallmark and Notting Hill intended to replaced all the grass with astroturf...

I had emailed Hallmark to let them know that we DO NOT want astro turf and said how tacky it will look etc etc. They have replied with:

"Further to residents objections Notting Hill have taken on board comments and are now looking into other suitable alternatives. I hope to update residents in the up and coming weeks to advise of their changed proposals."

Hopefully they'll come back with nicer alternatives.

Nik

PS; no news on the ground floor carpet yet, but have chased.
Thursday 21 May 2015 12.17am
Hi all,

I'm just reading back and yeah it does seem nonsensical that they're not putting new carpet down on the ground floor. It's already getting a mess and imagine what it'll be like after a few years at this rate.

Also, did you see that letter saying a bike had been nicked from a balcony?

Thought that was kind of strange. Mildly alarming that somebody would risk climbing onto a balcony at a considerable height and being seen. What if someone had been in? Makes you wonder. Unless they got in through the front door. I'm on the second floor facing the garden so I think it's pretty low risk, but it does make me think. I have heard of thefts of biked from balconies before, but always doubted the stories.
Current: 27 of 31

To post a message, please log in or register..
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions