London SE1 community website

Bermondsey Spa, The Exchange

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Current: 29 of 31
Thursday 18 June 2015 1.52pm
Which courtyard block? If it's in someone's courtyard, won't other blocks not be able to come?
Friday 19 June 2015 7.17am
Has anyone sat on their balcony in the morning and noticed a constant click? Roughly every second click...click...click. It's not difficult to hear. Quite irritating once you notice it.

By the afternoon it seems to have gone.

Any idea what it is? I can't see where it's coming from.
Friday 19 June 2015 7.18am
Sorry, that's in Whitmore courtyard.
Monday 22 June 2015 8.37am
Hi all,

Did anyone hear the loud music coming from a flat either in Whitmore or Ockham on Saturday night? Think it went on until about 1.30 in the morning.

Spoke to a couple of neighbours and they said that this wasnt the first time they had been kept awake by this.

Does anyone know roughly where it was coming from as if it keeps happening it may be worth mentioning it to Michael.
Tuesday 23 June 2015 11.33am
TDG1982 wrote:
Has anyone sat on their balcony in the morning and noticed a constant click? Roughly every second click...click...click. It's not difficult to hear. Quite irritating once you notice it.
By the afternoon it seems to have gone.

Any idea what it is? I can't see where it's coming from.

Think that may be one of the side gates that leads into the courtyard. Perhaps it isn't closing properly?

And I wasn't here on Saturday so didn't hear the music then, but I have definitely been disturbed by it several times. There is a 'disturbance' phoneline for noise interruption and there's info about it in the hallway on the noticeboard but I've never called it before.
Tuesday 23 June 2015 1.39pm
Thanks Lena, since I last wrote I have realised it's probably a fault with one of the internal doors to the courtyard to access the building. I noticed when people open it, the clicking noise goes. It's like the click when you scan your swap, except constant
Monday 29 June 2015 11.46am
Hi guys,

I just wanted to give you a quick update regarding the grass in Ockham building. We are arranging with Hallmark to have an independent gardener's assessment to decide on next steps. A neighbour also had a gardener friend of her's come over and send along his assessment, which I sent to Hallmark. So things are moving along, although slowly.

I have also received information to create a resident's association which i am going to look at in more detail soon. Please send me an email so i have your email addresses and can include you in the updates. I am also planning to arrange a meeting soon so we can discuss this. My email is [email protected]

All the best,
Anna
Sunday 5 July 2015 3.16pm
Did anyone else get woken up this Sunday morning around 5.30ish to a blazing row happening on someone's balcony?!
Monday 6 July 2015 1.39pm
Hi guys,

I hope you all had a nice weekend.

Let's meet and discuss how to set up the residents association (and the courtyard). Let's meet Monday 13th July at 20.00. Let me know if you can make it so I can reserve a table for us. Email me on [email protected]

All the best,

Anna
Tuesday 7 July 2015 7.59am
Hi Lena,

I heard it as well - there seems to be a couple of repeat offenders who are making the late noise. The concierge advised that this has been raised to him a few times but is unsure as to which flat it is coming from. This is also the case from the noise team at Southwark council.
Current: 29 of 31

To post a message, please log in or register..
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions