Thank you for your draft James, very much appreciated!
I made a few changes, that sounded a little bit too aggressive to me. It is the first letter we are writing after all and want we want is just a meeting and further information and updates. I slightly changed it, but the key points are the same.
Happy to sign both versions anyway.
We are writing to express our frustration with continued delays to Block B at The Exchange, Bermondsey and suggest actions to keep us better informed.
We understand that managing and monitoring the construction a site as The Exchange can be not trivial, but we believe the information provided to the prospective residents has been scant, vague and inaccurate, causing us distress in our living arrangements and additional costs. The scheduled handover has been delayed more than 1 month at just 2 weeks before the previous due date: this has caused serious concerns among us.
Considering the values of Notting Hill Housing Group and the future residentsí main interests, we would like to request:
- An evening meeting, on site, with representatives of both Notting Hill Housing Group and United House group, all prospective residents of Blocks still in progress should be invited.
- Discuss the schedule for completion and handover
- Agree upon a system of much more frequent and helpful updates.
I hope you can appreciate that a mutually satisfactory and timely resolution of this situation is in everyone's interest.
I'd be in for signing this e-mail too. All I want is some reassurance that they are doing everything possible to make sure that they are are working to a real deadline, and these brief e-mails from NHHA that show no empathy or regard for our situation aren't cutting it.
I am 100% happy to sign this letter/email (thank you for drafting)
If we can get enough names/signatures from this forum group, I think we should try and get the letter across to NHHA this week - the sooner they can react the better
I get the impression they have prioritised the private sale blocks, and those of us on shared ownership have suffered because of that. I went to look at the site last week, and there was a big drinks event going on in block C (their completion maybe?)
They stated the delay was because of delays in getting hold of external building materials. If it is just those yellow balcony screens, can they not use a cheap temporary solution, and replace these when the yellow stuff becomes available?!
Also saw on Twitter that Notting Hill Housing Group & the architects seem to be having a celebration this evening - bit premature perhaps when we are still waiting and having to pay extra thanks to these delays:
That's all five of us who've been chatting recently. There are another couple of people who have posted on the thread, but not since early July. We can wait and see if they check in (and want to sign), or get it in?