London SE1 community website

Bermondsey Spa, The Exchange

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ...LastNext
Current: 4 of 31
Monday 4 August 2014 10.45pm
Thank you for your draft James, very much appreciated!
I made a few changes, that sounded a little bit too aggressive to me. It is the first letter we are writing after all and want we want is just a meeting and further information and updates. I slightly changed it, but the key points are the same.
Happy to sign both versions anyway.
Thank you
--------------------------------------

We are writing to express our frustration with continued delays to Block B at The Exchange, Bermondsey and suggest actions to keep us better informed.

We understand that managing and monitoring the construction a site as The Exchange can be not trivial, but we believe the information provided to the prospective residents has been scant, vague and inaccurate, causing us distress in our living arrangements and additional costs. The scheduled handover has been delayed more than 1 month at just 2 weeks before the previous due date: this has caused serious concerns among us.
Considering the values of Notting Hill Housing Group and the future residentsí main interests, we would like to request:

- An evening meeting, on site, with representatives of both Notting Hill Housing Group and United House group, all prospective residents of Blocks still in progress should be invited.
- Discuss the schedule for completion and handover
- Agree upon a system of much more frequent and helpful updates.

I hope you can appreciate that a mutually satisfactory and timely resolution of this situation is in everyone's interest.

Yours sincerely,
Tuesday 5 August 2014 11.49am
Hi all,

I'd be in for signing this e-mail too. All I want is some reassurance that they are doing everything possible to make sure that they are are working to a real deadline, and these brief e-mails from NHHA that show no empathy or regard for our situation aren't cutting it.
Tuesday 5 August 2014 2.49pm
I am 100% happy to sign this letter/email (thank you for drafting)

If we can get enough names/signatures from this forum group, I think we should try and get the letter across to NHHA this week - the sooner they can react the better

I get the impression they have prioritised the private sale blocks, and those of us on shared ownership have suffered because of that. I went to look at the site last week, and there was a big drinks event going on in block C (their completion maybe?)

They stated the delay was because of delays in getting hold of external building materials. If it is just those yellow balcony screens, can they not use a cheap temporary solution, and replace these when the yellow stuff becomes available?!
Tuesday 5 August 2014 8.44pm
Hi all,

I agree time is important on this one. I propose we give others another day to check in with the forum/decide if they want to sign, and then get something to Notting Hill Thursday.

To do that, whoever sends the email will need others' full names and emails for cc'ing - we can private message them on here I think.

Victor - happy with the softer version if that's the group consensus. (I always like a mix of 'carrot' and 'stick' personally but it's having one voice that's important here!)

I'm happy to coordinate the email if people want, or equally happy for you to Victor - your call?

Best
Wednesday 6 August 2014 1.17am
I PM'd my email address - let me know if you didn't get it.
Wednesday 6 August 2014 5.49pm
I have also messaged my details

Thank you
Wednesday 6 August 2014 8.23pm
Thank you - will PM my details.

Also saw on Twitter that Notting Hill Housing Group & the architects seem to be having a celebration this evening - bit premature perhaps when we are still waiting and having to pay extra thanks to these delays:

https://twitter.com/pckoarchitects/status/494783329078894592
Wednesday 6 August 2014 9.00pm
That's really taking the piss! Email is ready to go - I just need your name and email Lena, and your name TDG1982...
Wednesday 6 August 2014 9.29pm
Ok - thanks for the names and emails.

That's all five of us who've been chatting recently. There are another couple of people who have posted on the thread, but not since early July. We can wait and see if they check in (and want to sign), or get it in?
Wednesday 6 August 2014 9.55pm
Let's send the email tomorrow morning, better start soon, they can still join u later if they wish
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ...LastNext
Current: 4 of 31

To post a message, please log in or register..
September at a glance
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions