London SE1 community website

Bermondsey Spa, The Exchange

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ...LastNext
Current: 5 of 31
HP
Tuesday 12 August 2014 11.52am
Hi all,

I'm interested in renting in this development, has anyone purchased as an investment property?

Cheers

HP
Saturday 16 August 2014 5.14pm
Visited the site today. Saw people in the front block, sold at market value, were moving in. Wasn't that started last? That'll be the delays then!

Noticed block B still has scaffolding up, although they've got the outside looking nearly done. It was much more fenced off and harder to see what's been going on. Makes you wonder why...

I'd say there's an even chance it'll be done by the end of September.
Sunday 17 August 2014 12.05pm
Hi everyone

Sorry I've been away and only just catching up on these messages.

Did the letter/email go off to them in the end? Did they reply?

After receiving the last email at the beginning of August, I had sent a reply to them questioning their obvious copy&paste wording about the delays. But of course, no response.

One thing I did notice is (those who have visited the site will have noticed), on the left of Block B where there is the adjoining block. There are two massive metal panels linking two flat together at opposite ends. This to me looks like they will be their balconies. But no work has started on that.

So I wonder if, because of that block not being anywhere near completion, is therefore affecting Block B.
Sunday 17 August 2014 12.34pm
Hello

Letter was sent out but no response. I propose to prepare a new one a little bit more aggressive this time. Silence is not helping. lets see if the communication is improving on Monday...if not we start thinking about next action.
Sunday 17 August 2014 5.46pm
Hi Victor

I'm not surprised they've not responded.

They're meant to be giving us another update tomorrow. I've been holding off any communication to them until I hear from them to see what they say this time.

Thanks
Monday 18 August 2014 11.09am
Hi all,
I've been holding off saying more to them until we get this next update today. I was hoping then that they might refer to our e-mail and *maybe* suggest a date for the on site meeting that we have asked for! Not going to keep my hopes too high but let's see what they say today.
Tuesday 19 August 2014 9.45am
Did everyone get their email update?

I'd say if they come back in two weeks (1st Sept) and say they're still on track, I'd be inclined to believe them in getting keys at the end of Sept.

Thoughts?
Tuesday 19 August 2014 10.01am
My thoughts: the communication has slightly improved, but I think that, considering the past sudden delays, something more can be done.

For example:
Is it possible to receive some photos of what has been completed (flats, landscaping, communal areas) ?
Are we still waiting for any supplier to provide material?
What's the Estimated completion date for the road works and cladding. Are those tasks dependencies to something else?
Has NHBC inspection being arranged? How long does it take usually?

Any other point?
Tuesday 19 August 2014 11.05am
I'm not sure if they'd be willing to share any images of the flats, but you don't ask, you don't get. :-)

And I assume the roads will only be completed once they've received all deliveries of heavy materials. So this will be one of the last tasks.

How about these:

1. Has the lift been fitted and in working order?
2. If not, will this affect any tasks in the block?
Thursday 21 August 2014 1.12pm
Hello All,

We have recently purchased one of the shared ownership properties in Block A but have been informed that the move in date has been pushed back from August until October.

Can you advise if you recieved any response in regards to your letter as i too am getting frustrated at the poor update emails and service being provided by NHHG.

Thanks,

Olie
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ...LastNext
Current: 5 of 31

To post a message, please log in or register..
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions