London SE1 community website

Bermondsey Spa, The Exchange

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ...LastNext
Current: 6 of 31
Thursday 21 August 2014 2.00pm
Hi Olie

We have just got an email back from Notting Hill. They apologise, but again say there is nothing that can be done. So nothing more than we have already been told!

I know their paperwork will cover them for everything, but the lack of empathy is really pathetic - we are having to fork out a lot of money now to get a new mortgage, paying for storage, and moving between friends/family homes (after having to move out in May, to avoid starting another 12 month contract)

I work on building projects, and have done for the last 6 years, so I know there can be unexpected delays. But had any of my projects been delayed by 4-5 months, I would have lost my job a long time ago!
Thursday 21 August 2014 2.56pm
Yeah the constant reminder that these things happen with new build projects and that they've been 'very open' with us from the start that slippage can occur is very grating.

Of course they happen, and I think we all accepted the first couple of delays very graciously. This latest one is a joke, especially when we were informed of it at the start of the same month that we were finally expecting our handover date.

I'm not too sure how to deal with the email we got today in response to ours. I think I just want to see what the next update is like - if there are any further delays at all, then a face to face meeting has to happen for some honest answers.
Thursday 21 August 2014 3.36pm
My point of view hasn't changed. It is not much about being informed of the delays, but understand the real nature of the delays and try to determine how likely there will be further delays. The kind of information currently provided does not allow me to figure out the risk. For example, are we still waiting for any material to be delivered? That will very likely create a delay. Those are the kind of things that whoever is managing the project needs to supervise and inform.
Thursday 21 August 2014 3.42pm
I think we should try to learn the lessons from those guys
different housing association, but I'm expecting the same frustration honestly
Thursday 21 August 2014 5.57pm
Once again, even if, at best, we get a late September date given to us on 1/9/14, it'll be less than a month beforehand. We're being **** about.

I visited on Sunday just gone and was far from convinced it'll be ready for occupation within 4-6 weeks.

Since Easter I've been visiting roughly every 2 weeks, and each time it looks like they've done a day's work since!

The interior was ready long ago.
Saturday 23 August 2014 4.36pm
Sorry if this is old news, but guided tours of The Exchange will be available during Open House weekend next month:

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Monday 25 August 2014 1.07pm
Been following this thread, just out of interest initially, and now in a situation where me and my wife are looking around for a potential first home. Can anybody enlighten me on what the ground lease lengths of the flats are, and the rough service charges per year?

Thanks in advance, and fingers crossed all of you guys who are waiting get your move date soon.
Tuesday 26 August 2014 10.12pm
Sorry to hear that all this is happening to you. It is a nice development and the three bed places are really spacious. We got a smaller two bed flat with another HA nearby, and I was kicking myself somewhat that we did not wait until the Exchange was ready. But we had to move when we did, we couldnt have waited any longer... I hope it gets resolved soon for you.

Looks like the work on the Sainsburys is starting now too. The sales room on the ground floor facing onto the park is completely gone.

Seems like there are still a few shared ownership units for sale too...
Wednesday 27 August 2014 3.48pm
Can i ask other future Block B residents... My mortgage offer is due to expire in mid September. An extension to this will incur a cost. Does anyone have the same problem and has anyone discussed sharing this cost with NH Housing?
Wednesday 27 August 2014 4.27pm
Our original offer expired in August. We had a 40 fee to extend this, however the rate offered to us went up quite significantly.

So we've had to start from scratch with a brand new mortgage provider/offer, paying an extra 300+ for new fees

It's annoying, but NH don't offer any compensation for the delays/extra fees, so just another thing to suck up! I imagine almost all block B buyers are going to be in this situation by the time we can all move in

Good luck
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ...LastNext
Current: 6 of 31

To post a message, please log in or register..
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions