London SE1 community website

Bermondsey Spa, The Exchange

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Current: 7 of 31
Wednesday 27 August 2014 5.39pm
I'm looking forward to looking around the site on Open House weekend (thanks for the heads up!)

Am assuming it'll be blocks C and E. Will be interesting to see if the architects and NH are present on the day (sometimes are on open house weekend)
Thursday 28 August 2014 11.44am
Yes if they are there, then hopefully we can get our chance to try and get some real answers on the progress of block B.

Good luck with the mortgage extension Mel. As Lisa said, NH are quite firm on the fact that 'delays happen' and so they do not offer any compensation for extra fees with mortgage extensions.

I think it would be a nice gesture of goodwill to maybe offer free service charge for the first month considering everything we've put up with but I doubt that will ever happen!
Sunday 31 August 2014 1.44pm
Hi all,

Just popped past, and the cladding still isn't on the balconies. I assume we will get a 'no change' tomorrow, and then be told of further delays in a couple of weeks.

Iram has so far ignored my email asking when the cladding was due to be installed. I don't know how you guys fare, but she has ignored well over 50% of my emails over the last year....

Looking for positives, the last update was better, and I hope that was in part due to our group email. However, we certainly are being messed around, and I don't think I will trust the updates until I see the cladding go on.

The reply to our email was largely nonsense (that an evening meeting would somehow delay things further, that they had no room on site for one (but had a room for a party) and that they advised us not to hand in rental notice until they give a date (despite announcing delays at two weeks' notice)).

Contractually etc we are somewhat powerless, but I feel we should prepare some sort of next steps (local/London media and/or local politics) in case we need.

I also feel a point of contact more senior than Iram would be good. I don't know whether the poor stakeholder management is sheer incompetence on her part, or whether she is given as little information as us, in which case we should aim to speak to someone who knows more....

Anyone got another way in?

Chat tomorrow/Tues depending on whether the update gives a date for the cladding?
Sunday 31 August 2014 3.49pm
Get in touch with the local councillor for the area, and whoever the 'minister' for housing is in Southwark.
Monday 1 September 2014 10.56am
Hi All

@JamesHunt - I agree with you. My emails too have been completely ignored over the last 8months or so. That is not only poor customer service, but also shows a complete disregard to the buyers' concerns. Sending those round-robins just irritate me more.

Looking at the emails, most of it look like a copy and paste job from other people who have sent information to pass on to us. So in that sense, Iram may be powerless. However it does not excuse her lack of customer/people management. I was disappointed with her quite early on in the process when I asked about the substation. Her answer was: what substation? I felt then, that she does not have a clue.

It also feels like NH does not have a PM working on this. The Architect has one, but not them. Everything is just being fed into Iran who, perhaps, doesn't understand everything and therefore has a complete lack of sympathy (or care).

I popped over to the development yesterday (Sunday31/08). It seems some work had been done to the front of Block B. But I was worried when I saw the back of the building. Quite a few apartments' balconies just hadn't been started. Is that what you were referring to @JamesHunt? Hopefully I'm not scaremongering here.

Let's see what we get today.
Monday 1 September 2014 11.14am
I agree that one side of block B almost looks complete, and the other side (opposite block E) still has a lot of work to go on the balconies. If anyone has a recent photo, I would be interested in comparing progress from this shot (taken on 26th April) - from memory, not a lot has progressed!

https://twitter.com/lisa300/status/506383628423938048/photo/1

Surely if the yellow glass is causing problems, they could install a temporary material - then retro fit the yellow stuff when it becomes available.

I emailed Simon Hughes over a week ago, so hope to get an acknowledgement soon. It sounds sensible to also contact the councillor for housing - http://moderngov.southwark.gov.uk/mgUserInfo.aspx?UID=169

I guess see what we hear today. Then, like you say, regroup tomorrow and take it from there
Monday 1 September 2014 11.16am
Hello All,

I agree with @JamesHunt. If we keep on getting fobbed off with poor copy and paste updates, only to be told closer to move in date that there are further delays, then i think we should write a letter to the local councellor.

I believe we are due an update today so hopefully this will either shed more light on when potential move in date will be, or affirm our decision to look at other courses of action.

Cheers,

Olie
Monday 1 September 2014 5.04pm
Just checking if anyone has had an email from Iram today?
I was left off the last round of email comms she sent out!
thanks
Mel
Monday 1 September 2014 5.12pm
Yeah I've been missed a few times too - nothing yet though.
Monday 1 September 2014 5.40pm
Nothing as yet - logged in to check whether anyone else has had an update. I'm not optimistic but then that's me!
Current: 7 of 31

To post a message, please log in or register..
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions