Just popped past, and the cladding still isn't on the balconies. I assume we will get a 'no change' tomorrow, and then be told of further delays in a couple of weeks.
Iram has so far ignored my email asking when the cladding was due to be installed. I don't know how you guys fare, but she has ignored well over 50% of my emails over the last year....
Looking for positives, the last update was better, and I hope that was in part due to our group email. However, we certainly are being messed around, and I don't think I will trust the updates until I see the cladding go on.
The reply to our email was largely nonsense (that an evening meeting would somehow delay things further, that they had no room on site for one (but had a room for a party) and that they advised us not to hand in rental notice until they give a date (despite announcing delays at two weeks' notice)).
Contractually etc we are somewhat powerless, but I feel we should prepare some sort of next steps (local/London media and/or local politics) in case we need.
I also feel a point of contact more senior than Iram would be good. I don't know whether the poor stakeholder management is sheer incompetence on her part, or whether she is given as little information as us, in which case we should aim to speak to someone who knows more....
Anyone got another way in?
Chat tomorrow/Tues depending on whether the update gives a date for the cladding?
@JamesHunt - I agree with you. My emails too have been completely ignored over the last 8months or so. That is not only poor customer service, but also shows a complete disregard to the buyers' concerns. Sending those round-robins just irritate me more.
Looking at the emails, most of it look like a copy and paste job from other people who have sent information to pass on to us. So in that sense, Iram may be powerless. However it does not excuse her lack of customer/people management. I was disappointed with her quite early on in the process when I asked about the substation. Her answer was: what substation? I felt then, that she does not have a clue.
It also feels like NH does not have a PM working on this. The Architect has one, but not them. Everything is just being fed into Iran who, perhaps, doesn't understand everything and therefore has a complete lack of sympathy (or care).
I popped over to the development yesterday (Sunday31/08). It seems some work had been done to the front of Block B. But I was worried when I saw the back of the building. Quite a few apartments' balconies just hadn't been started. Is that what you were referring to @JamesHunt? Hopefully I'm not scaremongering here.
I agree that one side of block B almost looks complete, and the other side (opposite block E) still has a lot of work to go on the balconies. If anyone has a recent photo, I would be interested in comparing progress from this shot (taken on 26th April) - from memory, not a lot has progressed!
I agree with @JamesHunt. If we keep on getting fobbed off with poor copy and paste updates, only to be told closer to move in date that there are further delays, then i think we should write a letter to the local councellor.
I believe we are due an update today so hopefully this will either shed more light on when potential move in date will be, or affirm our decision to look at other courses of action.