London SE1 community website

Bermondsey Spa, The Exchange

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Current: 8 of 31
Monday 1 September 2014 4.41pm
It's never a good sign when it's being left right until the last minute of the day!
Monday 1 September 2014 5.21pm
Update was that they still expect end of September for block B, except wheel chair.

They said they hope it's positive news.


Better than more delays but still nothing concrete.
Monday 1 September 2014 6.39pm
Interestingly, this time round they seem to have changed tactics in the way things are worded. Where previously they had consistently said "we are on track for delivery of..." only to then backtrack and say "we've had slippage..."; this time round nothing has been mentioned about being on track.

Am I being a complete cynic or just reading too much into things...

But surely they can't come back on the 12th and then say they've had slippage...? Two weeks before handover...
Monday 1 September 2014 8.08pm
Hmmmm - bit of a non-update.

Iram's email of 6 June mentioned that they had started snagging, so that's nothing new! And Lisa M's photo from 26 April looks incredibly similar to mine from Sunday: still no cladding for the balconies.

I would wager a small sum that we'll be informed of another delay on the 12th. Anyone fancy a friendly 5 bet?! Iram has so far ignored both my emails explicitly asking about the cladding, and the fact it has been outstanding since April really concerns me.

(Some twit probably procured it from a niche company that has since gone bust, and they're desperately scrabbling around for a replacement.....)

Call me grumpy, but I really don't believe their updates any more. This one was so much lighter on detail than the last one. I would suggest we pursue the Simon Hughes route and/or pop into the open house to ask in person.
Monday 1 September 2014 8.35pm
I agree completely.

This was another non update and if they keep pushing back the handover every two weeks prior then where does it stop. We are still no closer to knowing when handover will be.

Please count me in for any group letter or visit to the council/ MP.


Monday 1 September 2014 9.39pm
If we're informed of another delay on the 12th, I'll be livid. It'll leave me with a couple of weeks to find somewhere to live.

I agree it doesn't seem right. If they were a few weeks away from handover, they'd have dates.

In the response to our complaint a few weeks ago, they're clearly not bothered and almost appeared to be suggesting we drop out if we're that discontent because they can revalue anyway and make more money. Did anyone else read it that way?

I visited on Friday and it looks done to all intents and purposes - just a couple of days work needed. The balconies I see look finished to me?

There's definitely something we're not being told about.
Monday 1 September 2014 10.38pm
@JamesHunt - they were snagging in June but the email mentions DE-snagging. This is the list of items they are putting right. Where as the former is detection of faults.

Who knows. We were tempted to send her an email, but it would wind us up even more.

But count me in if you are sending a group email/letter.
Monday 1 September 2014 11.05pm
I'm looking to buy at the Exchange, but been told I haven't been matched :-)
Tuesday 2 September 2014 10.13am
TDG1982 wrote:
If we're informed of another delay on the 12th, I'll be livid. It'll leave me with a couple of weeks to find somewhere to live.
I agree it doesn't seem right. If they were a few weeks away from handover, they'd have dates.

I agree with this - they should be sounding much more confident about this handover if it is really starting at the end of the month. It's very concerning.

I was annoyed with the last delay but if it happens again on the 12th I really will be livid and totally deflated to be honest, it's been long enough living in temporary accommodation and waiting for NHHG to get their act in gear.
Friday 5 September 2014 10.44am
Hello Everyone

I think the handover could actually happens in October. I went to see the development, doors were open and I tried to peep what was happening. The blocks on the ground floor looked almost ready and there were people who looked like cleaners working in it. I have seen people moving into the other blocks, and that's a good sign as well. What it is actually worrying me is that Iram said that they will receive the NHBC after the whole block is completed, therefore the delay on the accessible flats might have a consequence on that.

I also think that we should blame our solicitors for the extra costs we occurred for requesting a new mortgage. In fact, AFTER I obtained the Mortgage Offer, my solicitor told me that an Offer in Principle was in enough for the exchange in January...therefore it is not really NHHA fault, although they could have been a little bit more helpful. I guess exchanging with only the Offer in Principle would have been more work on their they preferred to make us pay the costs. I think there might be the grounds for a class action here for requesting compensation...but let's focus on moving in for the moment...
Current: 8 of 31

To post a message, please log in or register..
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions