London SE1 community website

Bermondsey Spa, The Exchange

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Current: 9 of 31
Sunday 7 September 2014 8.22am
Morning all.

@Nik D - thanks for the clarification. I missed that subtlety.

I popped along to the site yesterday - still no cladding: pic.twitter.com/kBbNfhtSQh

I asked Iram about it again on email, and copied in the CE's office because I am tired of being ignored. I did get a reply:

"Please accept my apology for the delay in responding to your query raised on the cladding to the balconies, I have been liaising with our development team on this matter. Unfortunately I am unable to provide information on the technical build programme on all/individual units.

You will appreciate the project manager is on site monitoring works on a regular basis and no doubt understand the complexity of delivering 205 mixed tenure apartments plus the commercial units in five separate blocks, this is a hands on job and delivery of these units is our main priority. The type of issues you have raised will be completed when we are ready to take handover of the building.

We had another meeting with the development team yesterday and the handover date is still anticipated end of September."

The use of double standards is frustrating: her emails about delays have specifically cited the cladding as cause of the delays, but when I ask for about it, it's too specific for her to be able to provide information on.....

Yet more appalling stakeholder management.

I still think they will announce further delays on the 12th. I just can't see how that can be finished and signed off in three weeks.
Monday 8 September 2014 11.51am
Hi Everyone

I wrote to the Mayor/GLA a few weeks ago, to see if they were able to help us all with the delays. The Exchange is part funded/supported by the Mayor of London, so they should have an interest in it all!

I got a call this morning from them, to say they have contacted Notting Hill and will be discussing what's gone so wrong/what can be done this week. The lady i spoke to was very helpful, and she said she is hoping to get back to me before the next update (this Friday)

If it's anything new/useful, I'll obviously post it here. Feeling good that we have someone with a bit of power on our side!
Wednesday 10 September 2014 4.37pm
That's really good news that the GLA are now on their tail, hopefully that has put the pressure on a bit. I am feeling quite anxious now with the next update coming soon - I really hope it is good news.
Thursday 11 September 2014 8.37am
Many thanks Lisa hopefully that will speed them up a bit.

Could you let me know how you directed your query to them and i may do the same?

Perhaps if they recieve multiple complaints on this item they may come down on NHHG harder and we may get a better reaction from them!
Thursday 11 September 2014 8.43am
Happy to put my name as well. Maybe we can send the email we sent to Iram (or another one, in case tomorrow they will announce further delays)
Thursday 11 September 2014 7.11pm
Good news. I popped over tonight and the cladding is going on: https://twitter.com/i_thornton/status/510143082676113409/photo/1
Friday 12 September 2014 10.47am
I just sent an email via the contact details on this page - https://www.london.gov.uk/contact-us/city-hall-contacts

I've got the contact details of the lady who has now been in touch with Notting Hill, so if there are further delays (though hopefully not!) I will give her a buzz to see what she is able to do

She was told that the delay in materials and leaks (?!) have caused the date to slip to end of Sept. But if there was a further delay, to get back in contact with her
Friday 12 September 2014 10.50am
Finger crossed for today guys...hopefully we will get some positive news!
James, thank you for your photo and update...that has increased our hopes to actually move in before the end of October!
Friday 12 September 2014 11.52am
@LisaM - that's great news.

I emailed and she had sent an email saying "if you wish to pull out now you can do...". At first I was angry but then I just laughed. I'm hoping she will be the person taking us round because I'm looking forward to making her feel very uncomfortable.

I also popped over last night and I saw that internal work looked good. Ground floor flats had kitchens in etc. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for today.

Bet she sends it out at 6pm just as she's about to rush out the door.
Saturday 13 September 2014 6.08pm
Well - good news!

(And good news no one took me up on my wager).

Still, we are very much at their behest once again. No ability to plan purchases, deliveries, the internet man etc based on an a mutually agreed date by which we hope to be in.

Limited ability to manage the risk of homelessness, or the extra cost of paying rent and a mortgage concurrently.

No, instead we are entirely dependent on the speed of their solicitors (which for my exchange wasn't fast) and a hidden prioritisation system.

Once again suggests they really don't give sh*t about us. We are the reason their organisation exists, and as such should not be at the bottom of the priority list.

I will be attempting to find out where I am on this list, and how many people can go through the legal hoops in parallel (is it one a time, or five?).

Anything I find out I will share
Current: 9 of 31

To post a message, please log in or register..
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions