London SE1 community website

Airbnb my new flat?

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 Next
Current: 2 of 4
Friday 13 February 2015 12.57pm
Horrible person.
Friday 13 February 2015 2.36pm
russellc wrote:
Thanks Zoe,
Planning permission from whom? I thought PP was only related to making a structural or physical alteration to a property?

The Council. You are proposing a change of use.

And you are a horrible person.
Friday 13 February 2015 5.17pm
Well, obviously I wouldn't like it if my neighbours were doing it to me and I'd oppose them.

But I don't see how that makes me a horrible person.
Friday 13 February 2015 6.34pm
russellc wrote:
Well, obviously I wouldn't like it if my neighbours were doing it to me and I'd oppose them.

Suggestion of double standards there, but at least you are being honest in expressing your attitude, and it's only a matter of opinion if someone doesn't find that acceptable.
Zoe
Friday 13 February 2015 7.49pm
I don't personally think renting your flat via AirBnB makes you a horrible person, as it's not in iself anti-social and as pointed out, is neither illegal or against council policy, but knowingly doing something that will upset your neighbours may potentially make you less than likeable. This is particularly true in a TMO, where the residents have worked hard, voluntarily, to make the estate nice. Leaseholders benefit from this in their property values and should try to give something back.
Monday 16 February 2015 1.01pm
russellc wrote:

You don't? Honestly? You wouldn't like something being done to you, but you've no problem doing the same thing to others? You fit the description pretty well, to me.
Monday 16 February 2015 4.51pm
I'd pursue my neighbours using every fair and unfair weapon at my disposal if they tried. But no, I don't think it does at all. I'm basically a good person.
Tuesday 17 February 2015 10.45am
I'd like to see people like this stripped of their lease using the forfeiture provisions in theory available.
Tuesday 17 February 2015 9.23pm
Funnily enough I'm trying to do exactly that to my neighbours in another property. Punishment for trying to holiday let the place. Am sure they're regretting it now as I've buried them under a storm of bogus complaints.
Wednesday 18 February 2015 9.42am
You're a strange person. I hope your neighbours in "another property" discover your candid admission here and use that ammunition against you.

You sound like a neighbour from hell. Assuming you're using something resembling your real name, perhaps someone in the Falcon Point TMO can put a note on your file to indicate that you're a liar whose word can't be trusted.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 Next
Current: 2 of 4

To post a message, please log in or register..
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions