London SE1 community website

Airbnb my new flat?

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 Next
Current: 3 of 4
Thursday 19 February 2015 5.47pm
I'm not using my real name. I may be honest, but not stupid.
Thursday 19 February 2015 11.57pm
You seem to indicate you are a landlord of multiple properties and do not live full time in your new property which you want to let on a short term basis, you will be classed as a "hotel" for planning use, almost certainly against the lease terms which will preclude a change of use without freehold approval. Plus your neighbours you care about so much can also shop you to the freeholder and the plannersl. You may not be stupid but one tends to find people who clamour about their honesty are defensive for good reason.
Friday 20 February 2015 1.55am
russellc wrote:
Funnily enough I'm trying to do exactly that to my neighbours in another property. Punishment for trying to holiday let the place. Am sure they're regretting it now as I've buried them under a storm of bogus complaints.

I doubt anyone (hopefully!) is seriously that sociopathic that they punish people from doing exactly what they wish to do and then boast about it.
Obviously trolling for attention.

Its technically illegal for anyone in London to let their property for less than 90 days as a short term let anyway without getting change of planning
https://www.gov.uk/government/speeches/short-term-use-of-residential-property-in-london
This is rarely enforced by some councils, but some such as Westminster have been cracking down and fining people.
There has been talk of relaxing the rules for people to take advantage of sites like AirBNB but it's not gone through yet (as far as I know)
http://www.planningresource.co.uk/article/1334675/why-questions-remain-london-short-term-lets-rule-shift
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politics/10889813/Airbnb-users-wont-face-prosecution-in-red-tape-bonfire.html
Friday 20 February 2015 9.27am
Funnily enough I'm trying to do exactly that to my neighbours in another property. Punishment for trying to holiday let the place. Am sure they're regretting it now as I've buried them under a storm of bogus complaints.

jaggerjatt wrote:
I doubt anyone (hopefully!) is seriously that sociopathic that they punish people from doing exactly what they wish to do and then boast about it.
Obviously trolling for attention.

I can promise you I am not trolling and not looking for attention. And I can assure you, I'm neither a sociopath nor need to be one to do what I am doing. What I've said is actually the case. It's not a boast, a forum just provides a space to air it. I started with a simple question - the resulting thread is helpful and informative.

Jerry - thanks for your response. As I'm sure you know, however, that is highly unlikely.
Monday 23 February 2015 4.42pm
I dont believe you're real.
Wednesday 25 February 2015 7.23am
Is that an attempt to get me to prove I am?

Not sure why I'd waste time on - no offence meant - an obscure area of London Forum if I was trolling.
Wednesday 25 February 2015 3.08pm
I'm not sure either, I could never understand a troll's raison d'etre. Yet here you are.
Saturday 28 February 2015 1.22pm
I'm sure the reasons are as various as the trolls themselves.

In this case, what I've been detailing is really happening.

Peoples reactions to it are very much of interest to me, but the whole point is that they are reacting honestly to a real set of motivations and circumstances.
Sunday 1 March 2015 11.34am
This person is definitely a troll. The fact that he/she talks about himself/herself breaking the golden rule (do unto others), which is a moral code across all cultures, races etc., and doesn't care means he/she is either a liar or a psychopath. There are far more liars/trolls out there than psychopaths, so this guy/girl is just trying to waste people's time and get a reaction.
Thursday 12 March 2015 10.18pm
Reece,

That attempt at logic is laughable. Troll or no I have to say that your grasp of deductive logic is zero, at best.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 Next
Current: 3 of 4

To post a message, please log in or register..
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions