I know there are threads like this that have come up every once in awhile but I have gone through the archives here and haven't seen anyone answer specific questions.
We're looking to purchase a two bedroom flat in MCH. It looks great, we love the character, the central location and the price.
1) Does anyone know if you can rent out your parking space? I've been told there is bike storage downstairs?
2) Has anyone managed to put a secondary panels on their windows to mimic double glazing? How has that worked for you?
3) Have any of you been able to replace your boiler?
Thanks for all your answers! I appreciate your help!
Hi there, I've lived in MCH for the last 3 years so can try to answer some of your questions:
1) We don't get allocated parking spaces in MCH, it's a right to park system that allows registered cars into the lot so doubt you'd be able to rent that out. There is a bike storage facility.
2) Secondary glazing is a popular option because insulation is horrendous in MCH and the windows lose a ton of heat and also have very bad condensation. I haven't installed it due to cost but have seen my neghbours and it works well.
3) Still using the original boiler, fingers crossed!
MCH has been pretty good to live in, location can't be beat and the area is changing rapidly for the better, hopefully the shopping mall redevelopment will start soon.
All the best with your search.
I have had an offer accepted for an apartment at MCH. I would be interested in your experience especially with the heating with/without secondary glazing over the past winter.
I was originally told by the estate agent that the windows will have double glazing put in, but people have not put them in in all apartments due to the costs involved. I suffer from health issues due to the cold and this could be a serious hazard.
1 I have changed boiler few years ago. Cost IRO £1500
However a lot of people go for underfloor these days to free storage space and get rid of ugly heaters. Other option is infrared. Seems economical to heat. Not cheap.
2 I have changed windows. Better than the old but still not as good as proper double glazing
3. I am now considering selling... time to move on...:-)