London SE1 community website

Installing basin in cloakroom

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Tuesday 9 October 2018 8.43pm
Hello,
Iím thinking of buying an ex council flat. It has the bathroom and toilet separate, with the toilet room being really small. I donít really like the idea of not having a small basin to wash your hands in the toilet. I have seen that you can buy really small cloakroom basins and I think that it would fit (though Iím not sure yet how to run the pipe). My question is:

A) has anyone a similar set up and has installed a basin?

B) as this is a freehold it would need planing consent. The council is good in stating that the application incurs a non-refundable fee but they donít say how much it would be. Does anyone know?

C) do you think an application would be successful or are there reasons why they would never allow this.

Thank you for any input.
Tuesday 16 October 2018 7.38am
There are no end of people who have done this. No, it needs no permission from anyone so long as you are not making a new connection into the main soil pipe, which would need landlordís consent.

To post a message, please log in or register..
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions