London SE1 community website

EWS1 Form Issues

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Thursday 23 July 2020 7.52am
I live in a shared ownership flat in a Peabody owned building and I am currently trying to staircase to purchase the final part of my flat. Peabody notified me to let me know that if my lender required a EWS1 form I would not be able to obtain one. My mortgage lender Nationwide said they did not need one, so I proceeded with the sale. However, when Nationwide sent their surveyor, the surveyor told me the form was required and they are not releasing the results of the survey until one is obtained. Peabody has refused to provide one, despite our cladding being made of non-combustible terracotta tiles.

My neighbours who want to sell are also in the same position. We are all in Limbo until Peabody provides the form for the building or lenders will accept the cladding information we have obtained. This means we are unable to buy, sell or remortgage. It is affecting thousands of people across the country.

I have started a petition for all those affected to sign, so we can lobby the Government to change the EWS1 legislation they rushed through after the tragedy of Grenfell. I ask that everyone signs please: http://chng.it/cMbmpVmM

To post a message, please log in or register..
We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions