London SE1 community website

Peverel OM - Shared ownership at Salamanca Place, Albert Embankment - 146% service charge increase!!!

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6
Current: 6 of 6
Thursday 1 May 2008 11.34am
Jackie,
Thought I told you Peverel OM was sold May/June 07
to the Consensus Group Ltd. for 500m.The chairman is the property tycoon Vincent Tchenquiz.With his brother Robert they seem to own half of London.It worth checking out just who they do own.
Tuesday 6 May 2008 1.27pm
Yes, watchman, thanks. It still comes back to a Monopolies Commission issue I suspect. And of course one doesnt know how much independence or autonomy Peverel will have as part of the group. We shall have to see.
Friday 4 July 2008 11.06am
You can ask for the leasehold valuation tribunal to take a look to see if their figures stack up and you also need to ensure that peverel has adhered to the rules governing service and major works charges.
Loook at things like maintenance charges- who does the repairs and maintenance, have you seen the contracts? How many staff, what is this costing? There is a lot at stake and you do have rights. Do you have a management committee?
Have a good look at your lease and make sure you are paying the right percentage.
Can I assist? I am not in it for anything, just want to help with people who are being unfairly ripped off to get some justice.
Thursday 26 February 2009 9.08pm
Hi all.

I live in a block also managed by Peverel OM and they are suggesting a 'new system' for the concierge 'based on the approach introduced at Metro Heights' and I've been asked by fellow residents to find out how this is working before we decide to go ahead. Apparently the changes were made about 18months ago and seem to involve a reduction in staff at weekends?? Any comments or observations on this - Jackie in particular as I think from posting you have some experience on this matter! Many thanks
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6
Current: 6 of 6

To post a message, please log in or register..
February at a glance
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions