London SE1 community website

Any Advice on Self Storage &/or Renting out a flat for 6 to 12 months?

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2
Current: 2 of 2
Wednesday 19 March 2008 3.46pm
At the risk of sounding hard-sell, it might be worth talking to me about a less-commercial alternative storage solution, win-win and all that ...
Thursday 20 March 2008 1.20pm
depending on what you're looking for/offering, this seems like it could be a good option for short term lets:
http://www.sabbaticalhomes.co.uk/about.html
Friday 28 November 2008 11.13pm
My dad put a vintage Daimler into storage years ago. It was on direct debit. When he went back to look for it after a few years it had been sold in spite of his paying regularly.
I hope it's rare, but it happens.
AD
Sunday 22 February 2009 10.19pm
I often find this site an interesting source of recommendations. For the benefit of anyone interested....

After being seriously delayed by 'le credit crunch' I finally rented my flat out.
I found Hastings, Felicity J Lord and Duncen Allen to be very good, but the cigar went to City Docklands who got the tenants (all shad thames offices).

I went for Access self storage, on Willow Walk, as much for the nice atmosphere amoungst the staff, as for pricing reasons. Most of the storage places seemed to charge the same. When buying a storage unit check all the units within the warehouse - they vary greatly in size. I got 75 sq ft for the price of 50 sq ft. The first unit I was offered was only 45 sq ft. (It took almost an hour of measuring up all the units!)

I'm now living in Kent while I tie up work, before heading off abroad for 12 or so months.
Tuesday 24 February 2009 1.23pm
City Docklands are pretty good at what they do, but they're VERY ANNOYING because they relist all their properties online on a weekly basis, meaning if you want to search for properties which are new to the market, you have to wade through a load from City Docklands that you've seen before to get to the genuinely new ones. I'm sure it's good marketing, but I still disapprove.

Sorry, a tangent I know but it makes me mad!
Wednesday 9 February 2011 1.22pm
if you use Access Self Storage,
beware that after 5-6 month they will put up the hiring price and so on every now and then
Pages:  Previous1 2
Current: 2 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..
We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions