London SE1 community website

SE1 House Prices Overvalued

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Current: 7 of 7
Friday 16 May 2008 8.27pm
in case anyone missed it..

Property series. Andrew Verity and Jenny Scott travel the UK to find out if property is still a solid investment for the future.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/page/item/b00bf5dq.shtml
Tuesday 20 May 2008 11.46am
INDOMIE wrote:
My neighbour has just sold for a wopping 16% discount! She did get a good discount on the one she is buying but for those of us left, it leaves us with one big headache!

A 16% discount to what she first advertised it at... or a 16% discount to what the previous flat sold at?
Tuesday 20 May 2008 7.58pm
16% discount to original asking price, which on london prices is alot! went for a wak down Lordship Lane last night and there is scary numbr of home particulars with new prices stuck over the old ones...and we are not talking about the odd 5k anymore....maybe some of these were just overvalued anyway but it doesnt help me :-( I'm not moving anywhere for now...
Monday 26 May 2008 10.25pm
Sooo . . . anyone still believe house prices will still go up in SE1? The bulls seem to have deserted this site.
Tuesday 27 May 2008 8.44am
Indeed they do....the notion that some of us are insulated against major economic forces seems to be wearing a bit thin....so the next question is what do falling property values mean to individual owners. Some have said not much as they intend to stay for a long while and that is fair enough, but even for you will the ill winds swirling round the economy make it more difficult with higher taxes and daily costs and more insecure employment prospects make it more difficult. For those who are stretched, and so many of us have become heavily indebted trying to get on/move up the housing ladder things could get hairy. And why not have a look at the point Sam Parham made on the "New development on Recall site" blog about the type of flats in the area that we have all become so focused on and the effect this is having on the area.
Thursday 29 May 2008 1.33pm
Beowulf wrote:
Sooo . . . anyone still believe house prices will still go up in SE1? The bulls seem to have deserted this site.

I think prices in SE1 will rise. What time period are you referring to?
Thursday 29 May 2008 9.36pm
Hi everyone iam new to this but just wanted to say a few things, ive lived in waterloo all my life.I lived on the tanswell estate up until i was 20 then moved to kensington 4 3 yrs after having 2 kids moved back to waterloo stamford st,,i have a 2bed in a victorian house,in 2005 i bought my flat of the council 182.000 thinking i was doing the right thing ,, i love waterloo but have seen alot of things change as in every area, my kids became victims in robberys and asults i have since moved to southgate and rent the flat out bcs couldnt afford reypaymants, what do i do sell or hang on and ride the storm,,
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Current: 7 of 7
Related news & features

To post a message, please log in or register..
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions