Southwark Council is urging Blaine fans to stay at home on Sunday when David Blaine leaves his box in Potters Fields, as council leader Nick Stanton admits the council was ill-prepared for the impact of the stunt.
Southwark Council says that the best place to watch the event on Sunday is "at home in front of the telly with a nice of cup of tea". Of course that's fine for those with access to Sky One. Non-Sky or cable subscribers will have to wait until Monday to see the event on Channel 4.
All the parties involved are now planning for David Blaine's exit on Sunday 19 October. BSkyB, the Metropolitan Police and Transport for London are estimating crowds of 10,000 people. Southwark Council warnns people against trying to drive through the area, as congestion is highly likely.
24 hour parking restrictions will apply for all non-residents on Sunday all around that part of the borough. Clamping and removal will be in force. So the council says that there's a strong chance that people who aren't residents will receive a ticket, be clamped or towed away.
Cllr Nick Stanton, leader of the council and Riverside ward councillor, has apologised to residents for the disruption the event has caused.
Speaking to residents at the Bermondsey community council he said: "I hold my hands up and apologise. If we'd known then what we know now, we would have taken a very different view of this event. We under-estimated the numbers expected to visit the site. But since it began we have continued to work hard to rectify the situation.
"Private security has quadrupled at the site since the event began; the Met police are charging BSkyB for the increased police presence, and Southwark Council will bill BSkyB for the extra costs in keeping the area tidy."
So far the event is estimated to have attracted 50,000 visitors.