Blackfriars Crown Court
The court was previously known as Knightsbridge Crown Court.
It relocated to the Borough in April 1993 and gained its current name in 1999.
Blackfriars Crown Court has nine courtrooms dealing with all kinds of criminal cases.
In 2006/7 the court dealt with 1,307 cases.
The court also hosts the Jury Central Summoning Bureau which summons all jurors throughout England and Wales.
Blackfriars Crown Court is one of three crown courts in SE1 along with Southwark Crown Court and Inner London Crown Court.
News & features about Blackfriars Crown Court
- Suspended sentence for "vicious assault" at Elephant & Castle tube (22 May 2013)
- London Bridge pickpocket jailed and banned from tube (25 Apr 2013)
- Man banned from Tube for sex assault on London Bridge train (18 Mar 2013)
- Suspended sentence for man who made antisemitic remarks at Waterloo (4 Mar 2013)
- Man jailed for 16 months for violent attack at London Bridge (21 Jan 2013)
- Hungerford Bridge graffiti vandal jailed for 16 months (15 Oct 2012)
- Stolen bike racket foiled after Borough High Street theft (4 Apr 2012)
- Man jailed for London Bridge and Waterloo railway graffiti (13 Dec 2011)
- 4 years in jail for forger 'caught red-handed' at Elephant & Castle (24 Dec 2010)
- Hungerford Bridge graffiti vandal jailed for "wanton damage" (24 Nov 2010)
- Man jailed for racially aggravated assault in Bermondsey (3 Nov 2010)
- 671-bed student residence in Great Suffolk Street: council lifts restrictions (31 Jul 2010)
- Jail for graffiti vandal who struck at London Bridge & Waterloo (20 Jul 2010)
- Go-ahead for 671-bed LSE student residence in Great Suffolk Street (4 Nov 2009)
- Bravery awards for men who tackled Waterloo thieves (12 Oct 2006)
- Tower Bridge Road man jailed for armed robberies (23 Sep 2005)
- Cherie Booth launches Victim Support London appeal (18 Apr 2005)
Forum discussions about Blackfriars Crown Court
- None found. Why not start a discussion?
Restaurants, pubs & bars close to Blackfriars Crown Court
- Cafe 171 (138 yards)
- Union Street Cafe (154 yards)
- The Goldsmith Pub and Dining Room (160 yards)
- Flamingo Cafe House (166 yards)
- Cafe Relaxo (170 yards)
- The Charles Dickens (174 yards)
- The Union Jack (182 yards)
- Lino's Cafe (182 yards)
- Bangkok Kitchen (182 yards)
- Cafe Lant (202 yards)
- Union Theatre Cafe (216 yards)
- El Vergel (220 yards)
- Olley's (238 yards)
- Lord Nelson (240 yards)
- Carlo's Kitchen (248 yards)
- Giggling Sausage (262 yards)