Southwark Trade Union Council presents a public meeting and discussion on how Southwark communities can resist the emergency Budget.
Discussion speakers will include:
• Cllr Peter John - leader of Southwark Council
• Gabriela Quevedo â€“ Latin American Workers Association
• Brook Zeramichael - Young Southwark Works Project
• Tony Farsky â€“ Southwark Pensioners Action Group
• Speaker from Albany Mums, a local midwives campaign
• Branch Secretary - Southwark Unison
• Michael Davern â€“ National Union of Teachers
The organisers say: "The Coalition Government's Emergency Budget is a declaration of war against working class communities, young and old, black and white, working and unemployed are all facing a devastating attack on their living standards."
"This meeting will take a format of a forum where all can speak and share their experiences and ideas about how we can not only resist but fight for a better Southwark for all. Learn about what these cuts mean for our communities, find out how you can get involved and also propose your own ideas about the way forward."