Dozens of rarely seen images of Southwark held in the collection of Southwark Council are on show at the Cuming Museum until the end of the month.
Whilst perhaps two-thirds of the gallery is devoted to Camberwell and Peckham, there is plenty to interest the Borough or Bermondsey resident too.
Sadly the pictures of the Elephant & Castle and Dulwich areas have been removed from display due to flood damage.
An image captioned c1930, but presumably from the late 1920s, shows the crumbling remains of the church of St Olave's at the west end of Tooley Street before the tower was demolished.
A watercolour by James Lawson Stewart depicts the gatehouse of Bermondsey Abbey (demolished 1760). The caption notes that some of the stonework from this gateway is incorporated into the present building at 7 Grange Walk.
• [url=http://www.london-se1.co.uk/whatson/event/7228/lost-southwark]Lost Southwark is at the Cuming Museum in Walworth Road SE17 until Saturday 29 August. The museum is open Tue-Sat 10am-5pm; admission is free