King's Reach Tower will be known as the South Bank Tower when the empty office block is converted into 173 luxury flats.
The Richard Seifert-designed tower – which dates from 1970 – has been empty since IPC Media moved to the Blue Fin Building in 2007.
Developers CIT won the backing of Southwark's planning committee in 2011 for a scheme to add an extra six floors to the tower and turn most of it into luxury flats.
Last autumn CIT secured £250 million funding for the development from a consortium of Middle Eastern banks.
Now a new website – www.southbanktower.com – has been launched for the renamed scheme.
The tower took its original name from the section of the Thames between Westminster and London Bridge which was granted the name King's Reach in 1935 for the silver jubilee of George V.
• HSBC recently announced that its Blackfriars branch will close in May.