One of the area's lesser known attractions, the LFBM tells the history of firefighting since 1666. See old fire appliances and other equipment, and there's a chance of seeing recruits in training at the adjacent centre.
The museum is housed in the former residence of Captain Sir Eyre Massey Shaw, Superintendent of the Metropolitan Fire Brigade.
It was the Fire Brigade HQ until 1937 when George V opened the new building on Albert Embankment, at the other end of SE1. London's fire HQ moved back to Southwark in 2007 when new offices opened on Union Street.