Lambeth Palace garden is one of the oldest and largest private gardens in London.
Site occupied by Archbishops of Canterbury since the end of the 12th century.
Formal courtyards with historic white fig (originally planted 1555). Parkland-style garden with mature trees, woodland and native planting, pond, hornbeam allée.
Also formal terrace, summer gravel border, scented chapel garden and beehives.
Home-made teas available.
Related website: www.ngs.org.uk