London residence of the Archbishop of Canterbury for more than 800 years.
Occasional public events are held by invitation of the Archbishop.
The gardens are open on several occasions during the summer months, both as part of the National Gardens Scheme and for the North Lambeth Parish Fete in June.
News & features about Lambeth Palace
- South African woman bishop preaches at Southwark Cathedral (9 Jun 2013)
- Thatcher and SE1: GLC, Lambeth Palace, Rose Theatre and LDDC (11 Apr 2013)
- Archbishop of Canterbury at Borough Market & Southwark Cathedral (16 Mar 2013)
- TfL cancels Cornwall Road cycle hire docking station plan (5 Mar 2013)
- Southwark Catholics gather to pray for Benedict XVI and next Pope (2 Mar 2013)
- Vulnerable 83-year-old woman missing from St Thomas' Hospital (28 Feb 2013)
- Duchess of Cornwall visits Garden Museum (13 Feb 2013)
- Huge private sixth-form college and student residence approved (30 Jan 2013)
- Catherine of Aragon portrait found at Lambeth Palace goes on show (26 Jan 2013)
- New Archbishop of Canterbury named on notice at palace gatehouse (20 Jan 2013)
- Southwark night shelter features in Archbishop's New Year message (6 Jan 2013)
- MBE for Coin Street boss Iain Tuckett in New Year honours list (29 Dec 2012)
- SE1 children decorate Lambeth Palace Christmas trees (13 Dec 2012)
- Rowan Williams makes last visit to Southwark Cathedral as Archbishop of Canterbury (30 Nov 2012)
- Lambeth Anglicans and Methodists celebrate 40 years of cooperation (18 Nov 2012)
- Londoners collect elm trees at Garden Museum (14 Nov 2012)
- Justin Welby named as next Archbishop of Canterbury (9 Nov 2012)
- Lambeth Giving Fund launched at Lambeth Palace reception (7 Oct 2012)
- Paralympic Torch comes to Waterloo and Tooley Street (29 Aug 2012)
- Paralympic torch relay to visit SE1 twice on Wednesday 29 August (15 Aug 2012)
- Princess Alexandra visits Fairley House School in Lambeth Road (11 Jun 2012)
- Elms do the Lambeth tree walk as saplings are delivered to palace (11 May 2012)
- Prince of Wales opens Royal Devotion exhibition at Lambeth Palace Library (3 May 2012)
- Queen visits Lambeth Palace for Diamond Jubilee reception (19 Feb 2012)
- Lambeth Bridge, St George's Circus & Waterloo in cycle safety review (7 Feb 2012)
Forum discussions about Lambeth Palace
- A Question regarding Trinity Square
- Olympic Lanes
- Hit and Run
- In an ideal world, where would you live in SE1?
- Failure of the Thames Path cycling experiment
- Bus crashing into Lambeth Palace
- Views of SE1 in the Government Art Collection
- Vauxhall Bridge 27th June
- Cyclists on the Thames Path and Albert Embankment
- Snowballs from heaven!!
- Cheap accomodation near Borough Tube
- Birds in SE1
- 19th September band tour
- E&C: back to the drawing board?
- North Lambeth Parish Fete, June 28: who's in charge?
- National Gardens Scheme openings in SE1 and environs
- Where is Newington?
- Open House Weekend
- Fire Brigade HQ Albert Embankment - worth listing?
Restaurants, pubs & bars close to Lambeth Palace
- The Garden Cafe (62 yards)
- The Market Place (170 yards)
- The Windmill (282 yards)
- The Corner Cafe (330 yards)
- Sirena's Ristorante Italiano (384 yards)
- Tamesis Dock (448 yards)
- The Pineapple (498 yards)
- AMT Coffee Naturally (514 yards)
- The Steam Engine (554 yards)
- Fruit Cake & Patisserie (604 yards)
- Cafe Ishaq (606 yards)
- Riverside 2 (612 yards)
- Chino Latino (626 yards)
- Hikari (640 yards)
- China Bowl (644 yards)
- The Three Stags (646 yards)