Lambeth Palace garden is one of the oldest and largest private gardens in London.
Site occupied by Archbishops of Canterbury since the end of the 12th century.
Formal courtyards with historic white fig (originally planted 1555). Parkland-style garden with mature trees, woodland and native planting, pond, hornbeam alle.
Also formal rose terrace, summer gravel border, herb garden and beehives. Gravel paths, but level.
Home-made teas served.
The neighbouring Museum of Garden History also participates in the National Gardens Scheme on the same day.