Talent Unearthed Summer Festival
This belongs to
- Mint Street Park
Southwark Bridge Road, SE1
A free family festival packed with fun activities, dazzling displays, inspiring demonstrations, magical performances and tantalising competitions. Organised by Southwark Playhouse and Bankside Open Spaces Trust.
Amateurs and professionals join forces to celebrate:
• Music and Performance Southwark Playhouse summer school, Blackfriars Settlement, jazz, rappers, dancers and international vibes.
• Visual Arts Artworks by local artists, community groups and The Art Academy. Plus Sale of Art & Crafts
• Horticulture St Mungos' Herb Sale, BOST's Chilli display and WGT's Interactive compost sculpture.
• Cookery Tantalising traditional recipes display, demonstrations and spicy cooking.
• Sports Penalty shoot out, Basketball hoop challenge, plus young activities with Sure Start
Activities: Circus Skills and Carnival workshops, BOST's Window-box planting and giveaway, Vegetable sculpting and Cake decorating, Bike Surgery, Graffiti, Face-painting, Bouncy Castle and more.
Join the Carnival Parade around the Park from 4.30pm
Enter the Best cake in SE1 competition â€¦Bring your cake on the day.
Great Free prize draws and Sport and Cookery activities prizes.
Refreshments, Asian & Afro-Caribbean cuisine.
Information & Community stalls including Bankside Residents' Forum, Tate Modern, Southwark Skills Bus, Siobhan Davies Dance Co, Community Music, Southwark Sports and Southwark Tourism (with local special offers), Borough & Bankside Community Council Surgery, Borough & Bankside Community Development Network and BOST's consultation on Mint Street Park improvements.