Six new pitches for standalone market stalls around Waterloo and the South Bank have been announced by Lambeth Council.
The council says that the pitches would be suitable for single stalls selling a range of commodities including flowers, fruit, vegetables, and food and drink.
"We want to improve our shopping areas and street pitches are a good way of making them more attractive and vibrant, as well as increasing choice to shoppers," explains Cllr Sally Prentice, cabinet member for environment.
"We're also taking major steps to give Lower Marsh Market in Waterloo a new lease of life by working with a professional market operator to give the market a boost and help it meet its potential."
The six new trading pitches:
• Tenison Way near Waterloo bus station
• Chicheley Street, junction with Belvedere Road
• Belvedere Road in front of Hayward Gallery
• Belvedere Road paved area on eastern side of Jubilee Gardens
• King's College Plaza outside James Clerk Maxwell Building
• BFI IMAX in front of main entrance to cinema