The Church of the Most Holy Trinity, Dockhead, is the Roman Catholic church behind St Saviour's Dock. The present polychromatic brick building designed by HS Goodhart-Rendel and completed in 1959 (the year of his death) has a hint of the Victorian architect William Butterfield. This is apt for the building replaces an 1834 gothic church destroyed in the war along with the presbytery and a Pugin-designed convent.
This was the first Roman Catholic church since the Reformation to be built fronting a public highway. The main road once ran to the north of the church - hence today's strangely long bleak wall here. The very old days are recalled with a 12th-century stone found on the site of nearby Bermondsey Abbey.
The parish priest is Canon Alan McLean.