£22 - 23221 pro rata
Part time / fixed term
Main Duties and Responsibilities
1. Support the Learner Engagement Administrator on recruitment, engagement and induction of learners;
2. Take responsibility for being fully informed on the administrative and quality procedures of the Southwark Adult Learning Service and ensure all classes comply with the requirements.
3. Maintaining existing systems and follow existing processes. Work closely with the Learning and Development Coordinator to update or create new effective systems and processes as required.
4. Work on developing IAG for all learners and actively promote progression pathways.
5. Provide good quality, up to date information and advice to students and signpost students to external agencies as appropriate
6. Encourage and support user involvement in the development of extra-curricular learning activities and to capture learner voice within the Learning and Development Service and within Blackfriars Settlement.
The successful candidate will have:
1. A good background in administration;
2. Excellent organisational and problem solving skills;
3. Excellent interpersonal skills and good oral and written communications skills;
4. Good IT skills, including MS Office programmes (in particular Word and Excel);
5. Proven ability to work with a high level of accuracy in detailed work;
6. The ability to work on own initiative;
7. The ability to manage own workload, prioritise tasks and to meet deadlines;
8. The ability to work collaboratively and/or in partnership with others both inside and outside the Settlement;
9. The ability to maintain confidentiality as required by Data Protection legislation;
10. Demonstrate understanding of and commitment to equality and diversity and adhere to the Settlement’s Equality and Diversity Policy ( attached)
11. Experience of working with disadvantaged communities, including people who are long term unemployed, returners to the labour market, refugees and asylum seekers, people with mental health needs, people with disabilities and ethnic minorities; and
1. Knowledge of advice and guidance services offered by specialist partners (for example job brokerage, benefits advice, and support on legal issues) and how to refer learners to these services or be willing to develop this knowledge.
2. Some experience of working in adult learning.
Blackfriars Settlement has just moved to its new purpose built community building in SE1. The Settlement provides a wide range of community services and support to everyone. As well as the Learning and Development Service there is a range of other services providing activities and opportunities for children and young people, older people and a mental health and well-being service. Everyone is welcome regardless of age, interests or background.
Please apply by filling in the application form on our website: www.blackfriars-settlement.org.uk/jobs
For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.
7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?
Read the latest issue before signing up