Salary: £20,000-£24,000 per annum (depending on qualifications and experience)
Full Time - Permanent
The Coin Street Group is looking for an experienced and enthusiastic maintenance officer to join a busy property and facilities team who oversee the management and maintenance of Coin Street’s estate. This is an exciting opportunity to play an important role on a high profile estate on London’s South Bank.
Working alongside one other maintenance officer you will provide a responsive and effective maintenance service, ensuring that health & safety requirements are identified and addressed and that day to day repairs are delivered efficiently and to a high standard. You will be delivering both planned schedules of repairs and unplanned maintenance work so we need someone who’s proactive with a ‘can do’ attitude, who is a problem solver and who has a commitment to quality. You will like getting out and about, visiting different parts of the estate to respond to and assess maintenance requests as promptly and efficiently as possible providing excellent customer service to our residents, commercial tenants, visitors and colleagues.
The successful person will possess the following:
• Two to three years’ experience in a similar role.
• Knowledge and proven practical experience of delivering front line fabric/building maintenance services.
• Knowledge and experience of small scale project and refurbishments and health and safety relating to this type of field.
• Excellent attention to detail and an ability to produce accurate work within agreed timescales.
• Ability to maintain records to keep track of reactive work and new job requests.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to manage contractors and co-ordinate delivery of services.
• Ability to assess situations quickly and to take proactive decisions in emergency situations to reduce damage to property or stock.
• Ability to prioritise work and to manage workload effectively.
• Good attention to detail with an ability to spot bad practise, especially Health and safety related.
Coin Street Community Builders (CSCB) is a social enterprise and development trust which seeks to make London’s South Bank a better place in which to live, to work and to visit. We have transformed a largely derelict 13-acre site into a thriving mixed use neighbourhood by creating co-operative homes; redeveloping the landmark Oxo Tower Wharf into shops, galleries, restaurants, cafes and bars; creating a park and riverside walkway on London’s iconic South Bank; by organising festivals and events; and by providing childcare, family support and sports facilities. Our future plans include a leisure centre, more affordable housing, extra care provision for older people and further commercial premises.
In return for your hard work we can offer you:
• 27 days’ annual leave (pro rata for part-time)
• 9% employer pension contribution
• Free gym membership
• Regular social activities including team lunches and a summer BBQ
• Discount at local leisure facilities
• Tax free childcare vouchers and season ticket loan (subject to probation period)
• Support for professional development and training
• An open plan and unique environment in the heart of London’s South Bank with excellent transport links
• An excellent appraisal system linked to performance, professional development and training
• Being part of a diverse organisation with strong links to the local community
If you have the relevant experience and think this could be the role for you, apply now and join the Coin Street family!
Coin Street Community Builders strives to be an equal opportunities organisation and all staff are expected to share this commitment.
Our values are:
• Creative: By looking for solutions rather than problems I will find better ways of doing things
• Collaborative: By respecting the views of others we will learn, grow and achieve more together;
• Committed: I do what I say I am going to do and do the best job I can.
The 3 Cs are lived by all staff at CSCB. You will be expected to demonstrate your understanding of the behaviours associated with these values during the recruitment process.
Details for this post can be downloaded from http://coinstreet.org/jobs/maintenance-officer-coin-street-community-builders/ or from the Human Resources Department, Coin Street neighbourhood centre, 108 Stamford Street, London, SE1 9NH.
The closing date for this position is midday on 20 September 2017. Interviews will take place on 27 September 2017.
Please note: only successful candidates following the application process will be contacted for interviews.
For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.
7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?
Read the latest issue before signing up