£10,608 per annum (FTE salary - £18,564 per annum)
Part time Permanent
We are looking to recruit a housekeeper to ensure that the cleanliness of the Family and Children’s Centre is maintained to a high standard. Key duties include washing, dusting, polishing, vacuum cleaning and sweeping as appropriate.
1. Work closely with the CSfcc managers to devise and implement cleaning routines as required, to provide the healthiest learning environment for babies, children, adults and staff.
2. Support efficient lunchtime routines by setting up and clearing of lunch area, supporting the chef and managers to enable speedy turn around between eating and play activities.
3. Clear and clean tables and floor after lunch.
4. Wash up as required.
5. Take overall responsibility for laundry - collection, washing, drying and re-distribution – to ensure fresh bedding and other items are always available for babies and children.
6. Routinely wash and disinfect cots and sleeping mats, toys and equipment across the nursery, crèche and Bernie Spain room to enable high hygiene standards for all babies and toddlers.
7. Check and store weekly shopping order according to instruction.
8. Support the Chef in the nursery kitchen.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
• Current and satisfactory Enhanced DBS
• Ability to demonstrate sound literacy and numeracy skills
• Food handling and hygiene qualification
• NVQ2 in housekeeping
• First Aid certificate
• Housekeeping/cleaning experience in a business or domestic setting
• Previous experience in a nursery, school or residential home setting
• Know how to set up and run procedures for managing tasks and resources
• Understanding of responsibilities and regulation under HASAW Act, COSHH, infection control, essentials of food hygiene
SKILLS AND PERSONAL QUALITIES
• Ability to work on own initiative and prioritise work schedules
• Good communication skills
• Ability to work as part of a team in a positive and co-operative way
• Able to operate required machinery
• Demonstrate punctuality and trustworthiness
• Commitment to the objectives of the Coin Street Group
• Commitment to personal development and attendance at training courses as required
• Commitment to working in partnership with parents/carers and other colleagues
• Enjoyment of working around children, in a busy noisy environment
Coin Street Community Builders is part of a central London community creating an inspirational neighbourhood. We have been doing that since 1984. We have transformed a largely derelict area into a thriving place for people to live, work and visit by creating co-operative homes, public realm shops, restaurants and meeting spaces.
We are a social enterprise. That means income we generate stays in the neighbourhood. It’s used to improve and maintain our neighbourhood including managing and maintaining Bernie Spain Gardens and the riverside walkway and providing a range of programmes and activities for families, children, young people, adults and older people in Waterloo and North Southwark.
A big part of our neighbourhood centre is our Family and Children’s Centre which offers families and children high quality and affordable programmes, providing integrated childcare and early years’ education. Whether it is our 84-place nursery, facilitated play sessions, parenting courses, peer support groups, family exercise, counselling or one to one support for parents and carers we are here to help children get the best start they can in life.
Coin Street Community Builders strives to be an equal opportunities organisation and all staff are expected to share this commitment.
Our values are:
•Creative: By looking for solutions rather than problems I will find better ways of doing things
•Collaborative: By respecting the views of others we will learn, grow and achieve more together
•Committed: I do what I say I am going to do and do the best job I can.
The 3 Cs are lived by all staff at CSCB. You will be expected to demonstrate your understanding of the behaviours associated with these values during the recruitment process
Please note that a DBS check is required for this post and it will be subject to satisfactory disclosures.
Details about the post, a full job description and application form can be obtained from https://coinstreet.org/jobs/housekeeper-part-time-20-hours-per-week/
If you wish to be considered, please complete the application form and return to [email protected] with an up-to-date copy of your CV by 9am on 8 May 2018. Interviews are scheduled to take place on week commencing 14 May 2018.
For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.
7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?
Read the latest issue before signing up